Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 29 Oct 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Channy
Earning My Ears

First time with small children help please!

Hey we have booked 9 nights at Port Orleans FQ after easter in a "seemingly quieter period" 26th April onwards. I have been to disney before (Cali,HK and Paris) but not WDW and realise I have done lots of research as I realise you need to Plan lots. Our DD will be nearly 4 and DS 22 months. Our children love their naps so we wont be at the parks for full days. This is my rough itinerary what do you think, I would really appreciate some insight. Thanks guys
day 1 arrive do nothing
day 2 EPCOT
day 3 MAGIC KINGDOM
day 4 ANIMAL KINGDOM EXTRA HOURS 8AM
day 5 REST DAY character breakfast then rest at hotel maybe BB in pm
day 6 HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
day 7 EPCOT EXTRA HOURS 8AM
day 8 MAGIC KINGDOM EXTRA HOURS 8AM
day 9 Blizzard beach/rest day
day 10 TBC Magic kingdom? we will check out this day but will then go somewhere else in Florida but we have 14 day passes so thought might as well use this day.

Edited at 02:05 PM.
Channy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds ok to me. I think the main thing with kids that age is being flexible, if they are tired ect don't push them.
And from personal experience don't be upset if on day 1 all your 4 year old wants to do is go back to the hotel to go swimming.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

If you have 14 day tickets, I would spend part of the day in the parks everyday you are there. I would not do a water park with kids as young as yours. I think your hotel pool will offer them as much as they need.

I think you are best off with a park morning,nap and swim and then if everyone is up to it, a return to a park.

Best advice was given above- don't push if tired-get them some rest.

The week you are going is what my kids had off for spring break. We went man times that week. the best description I can give for weather is unpredictible. We had one week when it was colder in Orlando than up here in NOrthern New England. Others where the sun would melt you. Be prepared with a fleece for cold and plenty of sun block at all times.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
bel
Imagineer

bel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Hey there - we also go on the 26th (will we be on the same flight?) and stay at POFQ. Whilst it isn't our first time, it will be with our 2 little ones (4 and 18 months) so we are also making this trip much more relaxed compared to previous ones.
POFQ is lovely.
Personally I dont think you will need 2 full days at epcot with little ones but it is a very personal choice.
I will be putting a pre trippy on in a few weeks if you are interested in other itineraries to compare
And if you do decide to do a waterpark on day 5 I would do typhoon lagoon as then you would have done both and both are deffo worth doing
bel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Great advice although I do think many people don't manage to fit the waterparks in on first visits and regret leaving it when they do eventually get there . The toddler areas are great and the family rides plus plenty of loungers (Typhoon Lagoon actually got voted top park this trip by our kids as the parks were such a zoo)

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
If you have 14 day tickets, I would spend part of the day in the parks everyday you are there. I would not do a water park with kids as young as yours. I think your hotel pool will offer them as much as they need.

I think you are best off with a park morning,nap and swim and then if everyone is up to it, a return to a park.

Best advice was given above- don't push if tired-get them some rest.

The week you are going is what my kids had off for spring break. We went man times that week. the best description I can give for weather is unpredictible. We had one week when it was colder in Orlando than up here in NOrthern New England. Others where the sun would melt you. Be prepared with a fleece for cold and plenty of sun block at all times.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
misstmac19
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

From my experience (I had my two kids there aged 2&3 in April 2017) they will be up ever so early on day 1 due to jetlag, so it may be worth planing something. We are due to go again a week or two after you with my 3+4 year olds, we'll do EMH at HS where I've booked Hollywood & Vine for a breakfast at 10.30, we may stay for a bit afterwards but if the kids are not up to it then we'll leave. We are also taking the old double buggy to help them along. For kids of that age Epcot is pretty good, way more relaxed for them and giving them the chance to walk about freely, they loved the 4 play parks which gave them the space to let off steam and run around. We also went to both wateparks, the kids loved it playing away in the toddler areas, we tried playing the Christmas themed crazy golf after the waterpark, they enjoyed it for about half a round. I think the main thing is be flexible and regularly stop for a rest and food.
misstmac19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List