Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 2 Jan 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile New year diet?

Anybody else kicking off a New Years Diet soon in here? Thought we could have a little chat thread.

Holiday coming up or just to drop a few lb’s gained over the festive period?

I’m starting tracking my calories again from Monday and then next Friday switching into a Keto (low carb) diet.

Holiday to Gran Canaria at the end of July and want to get into as good a shape as I was for Florida in 2015.

Target is to get to between 14 and a half and 14 stone or thereabouts depending on how I’m looking.

Adam
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I'm in...

I started on Saturday - gave away my remaining Xmas chocolate - out of sight out of mind...

No snacking in January. (I can manage that... I think...)

Starting with small steps as I need to change habits of a lifetime.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I weighed myself this morning, have put 4lb on over Xmas & new year (since 21st as has my ds 11th Birthday) so not as bad as I thought.

I’ve downloaded my fitness pal so will start using that from tomorrow, I’ve been ill all Xmas with a virus so I’ve just been eating crap to keep me going.

I’d like to lose 3st by the time we go to Cornwall in the summer and 4 by the time we go to Orlando in October. For the first time in ages I feel like I’m in the right place to do this!

Bring it 💪🏻

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Back to Slimming World for us tonight after a couple of weeks off plan, although not altogether.

Off out for a meal straight after weigh in, but as of tomorrow we're back on it 100%

It's a lifestyle change for us so we know we can go back to what we should be doing to eat healthy.

Life is for living and celebrations crop up throughout the year and not every day/week/month

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post

I'm in...

I started on Saturday - gave away my remaining Xmas chocolate - out of sight out of mind...

Good effort starting Saturday.

It’s all about the small steps to begin with. Makes it all easier.

We have so many biscuits and things in, luckily I’m quite strong minded and can happily leave them for the kids haha.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I weighed myself this morning, have put 4lb on over Xmas & new year (since 21st as has my ds 11th Birthday) so not as bad as I thought.

I’ve downloaded my fitness pal so will start using that from tomorrow, I’ve been ill all Xmas with a virus so I’ve just been eating crap to keep me going.

I’d like to lose 3st by the time we go to Cornwall in the summer and 4 by the time we go to Orlando in October. For the first time in ages I feel like I’m in the right place to do this!

Bring it 💪🏻
4lb isn’t a bad gain at all over Xmas and new year, not a bad place to be.

MyFitnessPal is a great tool. Definitely recommend it.

Your goal sounds achievable, best of luck.
Old 2 Jan 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pottermouse View Post
Back to Slimming World for us tonight after a couple of weeks off plan, although not altogether.

Off out for a meal straight after weigh in, but as of tomorrow we're back on it 100%

It's a lifestyle change for us so we know we can go back to what we should be doing to eat healthy.

Life is for living and celebrations crop up throughout the year and not every day/week/month
Sounds like you are well in control.

Best of luck with the weigh in and hope the meal is nice.
Old 2 Jan 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
HarryPotterGeek
Earning More Ears

Can I join in for some moral support? Mine is kicking off on 12th Jan - on holiday in Cornwall until then and just know I won't be able to stick to anything while away!

I'd like to lose a good amount by Mid-May when I'm off to Florida. I've signed up to the Muscle Food Unthinkable Challenge as like the look of the food and the ease of not having to prepare meals as that's where I usually go wrong!

Has anyone else done this? Looks like people get some good results from the videos I've watched on YouTube.
HarryPotterGeek is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Can I join please?

I seem to say this every year, but THIS year I really do need to shift some weight!

My weight is creeping up, moreso because of my age, (oh the joys of hormonal upheavals and perimenopause! )

On top of that I have an old pelvic injury from pregnancy which has recently worsened and affected my mobility somewhat. Of course this adds to not 'moving about' in general so much and burning calories. Much as I'd like to do it, no more long walks for me without a lot of pain. Ouch.

My husbands will be joining me on this attempt to lose some weight too.

We have both got fitness trackers for Christmas and I'm finding it very useful to track steps and the (few!) calories burned as a result of those steps.

We have 2 cruises this year which of course I'd dearly love to lose weight for, but the biggie is our Florida trip in June, I'd love to have shed a bunch of timber by then!

I need to start somewhere, and it may as well be here, and now!

Hope to give and receive encouragement on this thread with you all!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post

I'm in...

Same here, habits of a lifetime!

I'm guilty of wanting too much change too quickly. I need to see it as a long range thing, clearly
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List