Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 2 Jan 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I started at weekend, about 5 stone overweight. Cut out crisps and biscuits and more veg smaller carbs on my plate. Doing a meal plan so I know what we're eating.
Going to try and walk more as well but not going to beat myself up if I don't manage it.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by HarryPotterGeek View Post
Can I join in for some moral support? Mine is kicking off on 12th Jan - on holiday in Cornwall until then and just know I won't be able to stick to anything while away!

I'd like to lose a good amount by Mid-May when I'm off to Florida. I've signed up to the Muscle Food Unthinkable Challenge as like the look of the food and the ease of not having to prepare meals as that's where I usually go wrong!

Has anyone else done this? Looks like people get some good results from the videos I've watched on YouTube.
The more the merrier.

Best of luck with the challenge. I used to order a lot of meat from musclefood, I’m sure you will be happy with the meals.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Can I join please?

I seem to say this every year, but THIS year I really do need to shift some weight!

My weight is creeping up, moreso because of my age, (oh the joys of hormonal upheavals and perimenopause! )

On top of that I have an old pelvic injury from pregnancy which has recently worsened and affected my mobility somewhat. Of course this adds to not 'moving about' in general so much and burning calories. Much as I'd like to do it, no more long walks for me without a lot of pain. Ouch.

My husbands will be joining me on this attempt to lose some weight too.

We have both got fitness trackers for Christmas and I'm finding it very useful to track steps and the (few!) calories burned as a result of those steps.

We have 2 cruises this year which of course I'd dearly love to lose weight for, but the biggie is our Florida trip in June, I'd love to have shed a bunch of timber by then!

I need to start somewhere, and it may as well be here, and now!

Hope to give and receive encouragement on this thread with you all!
You’re definitely welcome in here.

Sounds like you have a lot of things to work towards this year. Helps with the motivation.

Good that your husband will be joining in, always helps when someone else is going through the same thing as you.

Best of luck.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I started at weekend, about 5 stone overweight. Cut out crisps and biscuits and more veg smaller carbs on my plate. Doing a meal plan so I know what we're eating.
Going to try and walk more as well but not going to beat myself up if I don't manage it.
Best of luck with it, sounds like a good start and a good way to make changes that are nice and easy to do.
Old 2 Jan 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Me please.
I am 50 in early May and have booked a party. Going to start on Monday as still on holiday at the moment. I sit down all day at work so need to get back to LBT and Zumba

I would like to lose about 2 stone by May 1st... is that doable ? Just by being sensible - no fad stuff ?
Good Luck everyone x
Dougie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Me to please, only not till the middle of Jan as we have a few things booked. Also anyone know any good youtube chanels for exercise starting around 10mins a day!
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Me too!

I have gradually been putting weight on for a while and I have decided enough is enough now, I'm the heaviest I have ever been and am really quite down about it.

Sooo, I have started today using my fitness pal and my goal is to lose a stone by the time we go to Hong Kong in February, then I'd like to lose more before our US trip in July. I'm going to be more active and try to up my steps each day as well.

doubletrub - we have a similar amount to lose - shout if you need a buddy!
Glee Fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

I’m in Still got some Xmas bits about so starting properly Monday I’ve got a couple of stone to lose.

I definitely need to exercise more. Once DD back at school, DS to college and DH to work I’ll be making a serious effort. Want to be fit(ter) for running around the parks with DD in April !

Look forward to reading how we are all doing and help reminding me that it’s not a quick fix, will take time.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
Me please.
I am 50 in early May and have booked a party. Going to start on Monday as still on holiday at the moment. I sit down all day at work so need to get back to LBT and Zumba

I would like to lose about 2 stone by May 1st... is that doable ? Just by being sensible - no fad stuff ?
Good Luck everyone x
I’d say 2 stone is doable by 1st May. Some simple changes can really make a big difference.

Exercise you enjoy is obviously very beneficial. If Zumba is one of those then that’s brilliant.

Best of luck.
Old 2 Jan 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Me to please, only not till the middle of Jan as we have a few things booked. Also anyone know any good youtube chanels for exercise starting around 10mins a day!
I like Bodyfit by Amy on Youtube. Her workouts vary from 10 mins to 40 mins
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List