Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 16 Jan 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
Is there any particular hotels u can recommend or which keys to stay overnight at, things yo see etc
We stayed at the Blue Marlin Motel on Key West, it's not a resort and it's not fancy, but it is within walking distance of Duval Street and it is cheap (for Key west).

Things to do:

Drink in the atmosphere.
We loved the Jet Ski Tour (but it's not cheap).
Sunset at Mallory square (Obviously).

On the way down or back:

Tarpon feeding at Robbies
A proper Florida Cracker breakfast at Harriette's Islamorada

Things we plan to do the next time;

Visit the Dry Tortugas National Park (Once again, not cheap)
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
We stayed at the Blue Marlin Motel on Key West, it's not a resort and it's not fancy, but it is within walking distance of Duval Street and it is cheap (for Key west).

Things to do:

Drink in the atmosphere.
We loved the Jet Ski Tour (but it's not cheap).
Sunset at Mallory square (Obviously).

On the way down or back:

Tarpon feeding at Robbies
A proper Florida Cracker breakfast at Harriette's Islamorada

Things we plan to do the next time;

Visit the Dry Tortugas National Park (Once again, not cheap)
Thank u
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile

You’re welcome! We did the same, Florida has so many great places but we’d only seen Orlando - I’m sure you’ll have a great time whatever you decide. We stayed in Miami the first time we visited the Keys and I didn’t feel it was worth going back to so the next time drove straight to Marathon. We had landed PM and in hindsight I should have booked the airport hotel, driven down the next morning - as well as being less tired we wouldn’t have had the rigmarole of picking up hire car and probably saved a days rental too!
Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
Thank u, so helpful, we are staying 1 night on Miami as land 630pm, did 3 nights Miami last yr so will set off next morning, the drive doesn't bother us at all. Only me, dh and dd 17 so night out would be good, dd would come but obviously not drink, as we have 3 wks and done Orlando many times we just fancy a change
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydreams
Earning More Ears

We rented a little beach house in Islamorada and are going back again in April to the same house, we found it reasonably priced and love having our own pool and own little private beach.

Theater of The Seas is a nice trip out also the Dolphin rescue center and the turtle hospital.
Plan to drive to Key West this year and visit the Shipwreck museum
Sunnydreams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
carolineonecat
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Geordie princess , we stayed at the Marriott key largo and did the snorkelling near there too , I loved the setting of the hotel and beach was just heaven , my husband had his best ever coconut shrimp as mrs macs
We didn’t make it as far as key west but fed the snook at robbies
Will be back as so nice
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by carolineonecat View Post
Geordie princess , we stayed at the Marriott key largo and did the snorkelling near there too , I loved the setting of the hotel and beach was just heaven , my husband had his best ever coconut shrimp as mrs macs
We didn’t make it as far as key west but fed the snook at robbies
Will be back as so nice
That’s great to hear thank you. Did you just snorkel from the hotel or take a boat out from John Pennekamp park? I’d love to snorkel but we aren’t good on little boats so would be good to snorkel without needing a boat!
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sunnydreams View Post
We rented a little beach house in Islamorada and are going back again in April to the same house, we found it reasonably priced and love having our own pool and own little private beach.

Theater of The Seas is a nice trip out also the Dolphin rescue center and the turtle hospital.
Plan to drive to Key West this year and visit the Shipwreck museum
Hi

Are you able to tell me what the name of the beach house is?

Xxx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
carolineonecat
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
That’s great to hear thank you. Did you just snorkel from the hotel or take a boat out from John Pennekamp park? I’d love to snorkel but we aren’t good on little boats so would be good to snorkel without needing a boat!
We went from John Pennekamp but I did see boats leave hotel - they have a couple of rafts you can swim or wade out to and sunbath - such a chilled place x
Old 27 Jan 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sunnydreams View Post
Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Hi

Are you able to tell me what the name of the beach house is?

Xxx

Would also love to know more about the beach house, if possible, please. This is a favourite area of ours and we're always looking for new places to stay :-)
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We also stayed at the Blue Marlin Motel big clean rooms, free parking and within walking distance of Duval Street. The best think we did while we were there was a trip to the Dry Tortugas National Park on a sea plane ( you can also go by boat ) what a day.

Edited at 07:05 PM.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List