Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jan 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Do I think it’s woeth the money? Not really, especially when you already have Disney tickets.

Was it a great night? Absolutely. So it’s a bit conflicting! We really did enjoy ourselves, totally different atmosphere in the park. We managed to meet lotso & elvis stitch, did a load of rides and generally strolled around taking it all in. I’m glad we did it (August 31st 2018) but I wouldn’t rush to do it again as there are other things we want to spend that money on. We paid £256 for 4 adult August tickets, it’s £356 for 4 in October. If the kids really wanted to do it again (I imagine they would just for the suitcase load of candy!) I could be tempted but DH is very much in the we’ve done it once camp so I doubt it will be in the itinerary for this years trip!

And the candy haul!

So all in We we had a great night, but honestly not sure if we would do it again!

Edited at 08:38 AM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
You have to do it at least once,the atmosphere is great and Hallowishes was fantastic!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023

Edited at 08:51 AM.
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I wouldn't book it just for the sweets - it used to be great (US sweets that we don't get over here and was really interesting) but now it's just a small variety of the same stuff we get here - Skittles, M&Ms etc.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
I wouldn't book it just for the sweets - it used to be great (US sweets that we don't get over here and was really interesting) but now it's just a small variety of the same stuff we get here - Skittles, M&Ms etc.
I agree with this $210 for 3kg of candy you can get in Walmart for $30 is terrible,go for the atmosphere it's wonderful!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
For fear of nobody reading my trip report

We went to look at the queue for the 7 Dwarfs at 5pm and it was huge, it would have wasted a good couple of hours and so much fun that we experienced.
We eventually joined the queue around 11pm and only waited 20 minutes, I consider ourselves very lucky with that as we hotfooted it after fireworks to ride Haunted Mansion and then to see the 7 Dwarfs - possibly that avoided us the rush.

We exited the park at 12.30am after a 10 hour park day and even typing about it for the first time since last August brings it all coming back. Simply amazing experience and for eldest DS best thing of the day was the limited edition Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card - available at the fire station next door to City Hall in Town Square. It is the simple things!

Ride times are shorter during the parade and fireworks but you won't want to miss either of them.
Brilliant, thanks! We’re really excited to finally have a chance to experience it (And I’ll still read your trip report )
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If youve never done it it’s worth the experience , we’ve done it three times and now it’s eyewatringly expensive so we are out and will watch the fireworks for free and buy sweets from Walmart or go see the decorations in celebration as we’ve never done that .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We went for the first time on our honeymoon in 2016 (it was a Tuesday night late Sept) and found the event amazing. Short queues for candy, rides and a great view of the parade.
We were so excited to go back in 2018 (another Tuesday, this time mid-Sept) but were bitterly disappointed. As it was a Tuesday we thought it was going to be quiet like the previous time, but instead the park was super busy, difficult to navigate through the crowds to get to anything. The lines for candy were so long we only ended up collecting half a bag full, and on getting to Frontierland thirty minutes early for the parade, we were about five rows back (a stark contrast to just walking outside Pecos Bills in 2016 with only one family in front of us and getting a great view just five minutes before it started)!
I love Disney and love Magic Kingdom, and so it hurts me to say that I hated MNSSHP the second time around.
Of course everyone should experience it, but it is a lot of money if you pick the wrong day. And I think more people are attending these parties than ever before, so it does make picking a quiet day more difficult.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LeaPinkSnowball
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

we went in 2016 on halloween and it was a great night !
however this time we are torn ! we could either go to MNSSHP for a couple of hours or universal for 2 days for the same/similar price .
LeaPinkSnowball is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We loved it, it was my favourite night, and although both mnsshp and mvmcp were both a sell out, Halloween had a more relaxed vibe and wait times not as bad. The parade was fantastic, and does get quieter after 11ish.
We did mvmcp the night before leaving, so we didnt get into bed before 2am, but it was worth it
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Would definately do it. Yes it is expensive. We met Jack and Sally last time and that was fab! DS loves to collect the candy. We loved the Sanderson show
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List