Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Jan 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by redredshopper View Post
Don’t most kids meals include a drink so it’s not an additional cost, it’s only adults drinks that are in addition to the meal cost.
I'm an adult and got drinks with meals without an additional cost when I was there a few months ago. If alcohol it's one but I got free refills when I drank Minute Maid Lemonade which I usually did. This was on the dining plan. I don't know if the OP is on the dining plan or paying OOP. A lot of people on the DP ask about drinks on here.

Edited at 10:12 AM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Shooby- you can fill the mugs in the shop in the lobby of Kidani, very close to Saana.
OP, worth a try, I can’t see them saying anything, I’ve seen people with the mugs on the tables previously although whether that was just putting them down or using them, not sure.
Waiters are most bothered about their tips, and raising an issue with a customer may well put that tip in jeopardy so most probably wouldn’t bat an eyelid I suspect?
That is what I was wondering, if you’ve definitely seen them on tables before then we will probably take them and see how we feel at the time, thanks. I didn’t want to be the worlds biggest cheapskate!
Belle2908 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I'm an adult and got drinks with meals without an additional cost when I was there a few months ago. If alcohol it's one but I got free refills when I drank Minute Maid Lemonade which I usually did. This was on the dining plan. I don't know if the OP is on the dining plan or paying OOP. A lot of people on the DP ask about drinks on here.
No we’re only on QSDP so paying OOP for this one, which is why I had the query, I’ve never thought about it before as we’ve always been on the regular plan previously.
Belle2908 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Look at it like this. How do you think the staff would react if you were to sit down in a deluxe restaurant anywhere else and get out your own drinks? Personally I would be way too embarrassed to try but I'm sure someone out there has.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

Definitely do it if you want. In my experience regular Disney TS restaurants are always relaxed places to eat and if it’s ok for people to share meals, it’s ok for children to have their own drinks with them. The servers won’t know what’s in the mugs, it could be something that’s unavailable at the restaurant or something the children drink as a result of dietary intolerances/allergies. I don’t think the server will mind, but if you feel self conscious when it comes to ordering just order iced water as well.
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

OK thanks for all your opinions, think we’ll probably try it, me and DH will be ordering beer or wine anyway, it was just for the kids.
Old 27 Jan 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

My Dd is autistic and struggles with the drinks choices, she doesn’t like fizzy drinks and there aren’t many options for still drinks (she doesn’t like Minute Maid etc). I always carry the squash concentrate with me and just ask for water, we have always been on the dining plan though.
Old 27 Jan 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Iced Water is free, often see people just drinking water at meals. No one would mind if you added squirty juice if they prefer squash.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by redredshopper View Post
Don’t most kids meals include a drink so it’s not an additional cost, it’s only adults drinks that are in addition to the meal cost.
Yes, the kids menu tends to include a drink. We always get milk or water so I'm not sure what else is included.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List