Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Thanks Jo! I know he will! We’ve a few days in San Francisco first then flying to Vegas from there with southwest. We’re doing a day trip to Death Valley & going to antelope canyon/horseshoe bend too! I don’t know how I’ve kept this a secret for this long! It really is a holiday of a lifetime, he will just love everything about it! X
Wow sounds like my perfect trip. Love San Fran. We also used Southwest who were great. We are doing Death Valley in a couple of weeks. All sounds amazing. When are you going to tell him? Where are you staying?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Wow sounds like my perfect trip. Love San Fran. We also used Southwest who were great. We are doing Death Valley in a couple of weeks. All sounds amazing. When are you going to tell him? Where are you staying?
Oh please report back about Death Valley! It’s a place I’ve always wanted to go to, we’ll only get the highlights done on this trip which I suppose is better than nothing!
His birthday is 24th April & we go 28th! He knows we’re going somewhere but has no clue that it’s this! Can’t wait to see his face! So going to try & leave it till his actual birthday, I’ve ordered a LV surprise box so he’ll open that & find out lol
Staying at the Sheraton fisherman’s Wharf, then the NYNY in Vegas x
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Oh please report back about Death Valley! It’s a place I’ve always wanted to go to, we’ll only get the highlights done on this trip which I suppose is better than nothing!
His birthday is 24th April & we go 28th! He knows we’re going somewhere but has no clue that it’s this! Can’t wait to see his face! So going to try & leave it till his actual birthday, I’ve ordered a LV surprise box so he’ll open that & find out lol
Staying at the Sheraton fisherman’s Wharf, then the NYNY in Vegas x
Brilliant! Would love to see his face What a great surprise for him. I love NYNY we are staying next door at new Park MGM for part of our trip. I love the Park area, and sitting out there with something to eat from Bruxies .
I will report back about Death valley. I am so looking forward to it. Will be there on 9th Feb then go back to Vegas for hubbys birthday on the 10th.

The Sheraton was right by us at the Zephyr...if its the same one. Really like that area.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Brilliant! Would love to see his face What a great surprise for him. I love NYNY we are staying next door at new Park MGM for part of our trip. I love the Park area, and sitting out there with something to eat from Bruxies .
I will report back about Death valley. I am so looking forward to it. Will be there on 9th Feb then go back to Vegas for hubbys birthday on the 10th.

The Sheraton was right by us at the Zephyr...if its the same one. Really like that area.
That sounds amazing Jo!
We’d looked at Zephr first as I would have preferred that but it just happened to be more expensive than the Sheraton, just how how expensive are the SF hotels?! A real eye opener compared to New York!
Do you know how much resort fees are if any? I’m booked through booking.com & it doesn’t mention resort fees? It says in my total price all taxes & fees included?
Also do you know how much NYNY fees are too?
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

That sounds amazing Jo!
We’d looked at Zephr first as I would have preferred that but it just happened to be more expensive than the Sheraton, just how how expensive are the SF hotels?! A real eye opener compared to New York!
Do you know how much resort fees are if any? I’m booked through booking.com & it doesn’t mention resort fees? It says in my total price all taxes & fees included?
Also do you know how much NYNY fees are too?
At NYNY resort fee is $41.95 per night.

We looked for ages for a reasonable hotel in San Fran...prices are really high. We did pay a fee at Zephyr but it was only about $15 pn. We booked directly with the hotel. We got a good deal there and loved it.

If you do a mock booking on Sheraton website it says taxes and fees are about $50 pn. If it says all of yours are included then will you be paying that? Do they show a breakdown of the price?
Old 21 Jan 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

At NYNY resort fee is $41.95 per night.

We looked for ages for a reasonable hotel in San Fran...prices are really high. We did pay a fee at Zephyr but it was only about $15 pn. We booked directly with the hotel. We got a good deal there and loved it.

If you do a mock booking on Sheraton website it says taxes and fees are about $50 pn. If it says all of yours are included then will you be paying that? Do they show a breakdown of the price?
Yes, there’s a total without taxes & fees then it has another total with Tax 14% added on then another 2% for city tax, no mention of resort fees?

Edited at 03:06 PM.
Old 21 Jan 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Yes, there’s a total without taxes & fees then it has another total with Tax 14% added on then another 2% for city tax, no mention of resort fees?
No we didnt pay a resort fee...just tax and city tax... so sounds like its all taken care of. Would have loved to add on San Fran for a couple of days this time as well.
Old 21 Jan 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

No we didnt pay a resort fee...just tax and city tax... so sounds like its all taken care of. Would have loved to add on San Fran for a couple of days this time as well.
Maybe you can next time😉
It’s my first time in SF so I’m very excited! I’ve booked the Dylan’s tour & waiting to book Alcatraz tickets, I’m nearly at my 90 mark!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
Old 21 Jan 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Maybe you can next time😉
It’s my first time in SF so I’m very excited! I’ve booked the Dylan’s tour & waiting to book Alcatraz tickets, I’m nearly at my 90 mark!
We did Alcatraz evening tour first time and it was well worth every penny. I thought the Dylans tour was pricey so didnt do it that time. After reading so many good reports did it last year and can honestly say it was brilliant.

We go back again end of May but only for 8 nights and are hoping to do Zion so dont think we will have time for San Fran that trip. Maybe the next one!
Old 21 Jan 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did Alcatraz evening tour first time and it was well worth every penny. I thought the Dylans tour was pricey so didnt do it that time. After reading so many good reports did it last year and can honestly say it was brilliant.

We go back again end of May but only for 8 nights and are hoping to do Zion so dont think we will have time for San Fran that trip. Maybe the next one!
Have a fabulous time! Can’t wait to hear your highs!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24