Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Its Big Girl Pants Time! Pull them up, take your kids, make memories you’ll never forget, have a ball! You can do it and tell him up yours!
Definitely this go and have a fantastic time and make fantastic memories with your boys
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I always feel people don’t fully appreciate how strong they actually are until they’re put in a situation where they have to be.

Go, have a great time, make amazing memories with your boys. They will thank you for it in years to come! And when you return, having dealt with the holiday by yourself, you will feel confident and strong enough to take on whatever is ahead. Best of luck!
TigerLily8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Definitely go. Every time you think your having a wobble about it then just think of how much your boys are going to love it and how disappointed they would be not to go. I’m really not trying to upset you by saying this, I am just trying to show that you are stronger than you think. How old are your boys. Have a chat with them about what will happen on the holiday and say you will do things as a threesome so all need to work together. I think it will be a huge confidence boost for you to know you have done it and had a great time.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Go for it ! You and the boys are probably needing a bit of joy now that the shock has wore off slightly. I don’t know how old they are, but maybe have 1 night a week to plan what you will do in each park. Look at videos and maps and food. Get the excitement going again. Hugs and strength to you and your boys xx
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely go.

He's proven he's not someone to rely on. Now it's time to show you are.

What better a place to start your new life?

Like the suggestion of a full onsite stay if you can, if not I agree a hotel is s better option.

Good luck - you can do this 👍
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
OP there was a thread last year where a lady’s husband left the day before the holiday. I think it would help you see what you could do. Unfortunately I can’t remember the title. If Dutchy is along maybe she could help as I know she contributed to the thread.
I leave these threads for the Ladies.

This was the thread you refer to though.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1071768

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I would definitely go but I would look to stay onsite at Disney especially if got dining plan. Can use magical express to and from airport. as said previously no having to go looking for food if got dining plan. Disney transport to parks etc. Can still go to HHN inbetween.
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Go, but if you are planning to spend lots of time at Disney stay closer to the parks than IDrive. If you can swap to a WDW property do that and if not try Lake Buena Vista hotels. Some of them run park shuttles and if not try Uber. There are eating places at LBV, sit down and buffets and Disney Springs is close by as well as the parks.
You can do it, and think of your kids. To have a family split and no amazing holiday either would compound everything.
You will love it once there.
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Ahh OP, I’m so sorry to read this. I understand how something like this can totally destroy your confidence, but please don’t doubt yourself as a mum!
I’m sure you’ve been plenty of places with your children before without your husband being present and have managed just fine. It will be no different on holiday!
How old are your boys?
Perhaps just explain before you go that as there are only three of you, you all need to be in agreement of what to do together as you cannot be separated.
As others have suggested, it may be worth looking at doing the whole stay onsite if financially it’s an option? Even if just at a value resort. This will give you use of the Disney transport to and from parks (and the airport of course providing you are flying in/out of MCO). If that’s not an option, then look into Uber/Lyft to help you get around. Very reasonably priced and quick too. There are always drivers within minutes away.
I agree about the thread from NLB last year - it may definitely be of use to you. She found herself in a similar situation to you. I think Mr TM posted the link to it - definitely have a read if you haven’t already.
Go. Have an amazing time. Enjoy yourself. Let the kids enjoy themselves.
Sending lots of love to you x x

Edited at 10:03 AM.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsNobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Go.

I used Lyft and Uber last year for the first time after having several trips where I drove. It was really easy and totally not stressful I am booked gor this year and guess what Im using Lyft again.

You can do this abd your boys will always remember that it was you that took them.
MrsNobby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List