Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 22 Jan 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Toddler Trials sponsored by Timmies - Canada 2018 Day 16 Niagara-on-the-Lake & Shopping!

Toddler Trials sponsored by Timmies - Canada 2018
Day 16 Niagara-on-the-Lake & Shopping!

I’m Emily, my husband is Gary and this was our first overseas holiday with our 17 month Libby. We visited family near Toronto and spent a few days in Montreal too.

We left at 9 this morning, Libby slept all night and didn’t wake until 8am .

We headed to Timmies for morning coffee. I sat in the back with Libby and fed her some cereal (breakfast on the go!) and a hash brown. It was quite dull today but jeezo it was humid. So muggy.

We passed loads of wineries and arrived at Niagara-on-the-Lake just after 10am. We got parked easily on the main street. We wandered around, popping into shops to get some air con!

It's such a quaint place, even the Starbucks was in a lovely building!

While I was in a shop and Gary waited outside with the buggy at one point, some Chinese tourists stopped and asked if they could take a photo with Libby . Gary was a bit taken aback and just said yes, so there’s a random photo of her out there in amongst a family’s vacation pics .

We walked down towards the lake. It was lovely and quiet. There was a yoga class going on so we tried not to disturb them with crazy Libby too much! She enjoyed throwing stones in the lake.

We wandered back up for some more air con and I bought some maple fudge in the fudge shop.

We thought Niagara-on-the-Lake was really pretty, the kind of place that makes you want to explore more of small town US/Canada!

Libby was getting a bit grumpy with the heat (it was pushing 30) and isn’t the most patient shopper so we decided to head about 12. It was getting busier too, glad we’d come earlier in the day.

After last night’s credit card check, I’d decided we had enough $ left for another outlet trip! We headed to The Outlet Collection at Niagara, where we’d been on day 5 .

First things first was lunch, so we went to the food court and got a Szechuan Express. Sorry I've no pictures, I really started slacking towards the end of the trip! Libby shared with us and we also got her a smoothie which she enjoyed.

After we’d been fed, Gary took Libby to the play area in the middle of the shops and let her play. It was so much quieter today since it was a weekday. She played with another little girl for almost half an hour, they were the only kids there.

She was really well behaved today according to my notes!

We left the outlets just after 3. I don’t have a note of everything we bought but I know I definitely got a Kate Spade bag (yes another one, don’t judge me ).

It was still so so so humid so on the way home we went to Timmies for frozen lemonades and a donut for me .

There was a high winds warning on the Skyway and the sky looked very ominous. It started raining heavily and the temperature on the car started to drop, thank goodness!

Libby had a nap in the car.

After dinner, Gary and Bree went to the mall and Lorraine and I took Libby to the park now the humidity had cleared a bit and the blue sky was back.

She went to bed no problem, exhausted from the heat and playing!

Thanks for reading x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I loved Niagara on the Lake - such a quaint town! Sounds like you had a relaxing day!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah I remember Niagara on the lake - it was the complete opposite to your weather and freezing cold however!

Yay to another handbag xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Niagara on the Lake looks lovely
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I loved Niagara on the Lake - such a quaint town! Sounds like you had a relaxing day!
Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Ah I remember Niagara on the lake - it was the complete opposite to your weather and freezing cold however!

Yay to another handbag xx
I've been to saying to Gary these last few weeks I'd love to go in the winter one year, his Aunt's been sending us snow pictures! Not sure I realise how cold it is though!

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
Niagara on the Lake looks lovely
Thanks for commenting all xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List