Notices

View Poll Results: Are you or have you paid for seats with Virgin?
Yes Paying 321 61.85%
Not Paying 198 38.15%
Voters: 519. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Aug 15, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Paid coming home but not going out
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 15, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

We paid, I fully expected to pay and we didn't mind at all. Peace of mind sitting together although we probably would have been sat together not just because DD would need to be with an adult but also I do because of an illness. Least though by paying I got to pick my seats
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 15, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

All the seats get there at the same time.

So I'm not paying.
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 15, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dartford
Excited about Disney

So we are at roughly 60:40 pay:no pay. If Virgin made it free they would still want to make the same amount of money per flight so they would need to increase the price of a ticket by, on average, £15.

Which is better £25 by choice or a compulsory £15.

We pay.
Dartford is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 15, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkpoochie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This will be our first VA flight. No matter where we go whether we fly Thomas Cook, First Choice we always pre book seats regardless of the cost. We don't want to be split up on our journey to our destination.

We are in the bubble both ways to Orlando 😊. Just wondering... Where is dibbers row?
Pinkpoochie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Toryn
Imagineer

We've paid for September .Didnt really get the seats we wanted going out but at least we're together.Coming back Dibbers row .Didnt agree with paying but bit the bullet
Toryn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Not a chance I'm paying unless there is only one set of 3 seats together left before it gets to 72 hours before departure which will never happen. Loads and loads of people are nowhere near as organised or prepared as Dibbers and will just turn up on the day to be allocated. As long as you're a flying club member and are on the ball then you'll be fine.

£150 is a a tenth of our spending money budget!
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 15, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Totally agree! No matter where we fly, I always pre book our seats. I would pay for us to sit together rather than run the risk of us not. We go on holiday as a family of 4, and that means sitting on the plane as a family of 4 😄
We always pay to pre book and sit together also, I'm a nervous flyer and like to book the window seat rather than being sat in the middle row seats 😳 and as people are saying what's an extra £50 or so when you've already paid thousands 🙊 with it being such a long flight also I'd hate to be sat without my partner although I'm sure he'd say different if you asked him 😄😄
Old 15 Aug 15, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

I rang virgin atlantic to book/pay for seats so we could all stay together and we prefer the 2's at the rear of the plane but because I had previously rang them to book my scooter on they were aware of there being 2 disabled in the group and so there was no charge so I thought bonus just have to pay for the other 2 and no they allow a carer per person also free of charge, and they instantly sent a confirmation email with our seat numbers, so yes I would have paid but didnt have too
Old 15 Aug 15, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

We're paying,but only because we want the extra legroom seats.