Notices

View Poll Results: Are you or have you paid for seats with Virgin?
Yes Paying 321 61.85%
Not Paying 198 38.15%
Voters: 519. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Aug 15, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We caved in after our flight got cancelled and we were moved to the earlier flight which was already busy, but opted for Exit row seats as the bubble was full!
I begrudge paying for it, especially with it being free before! But as a nervous flyer I felt like I didn't have a choice.

Deep down I think I always knew I would pay for them! But the extra money would come in handy for shopping purposes!

X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 15, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Benno1
Imagineer

Benno1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Would and have paid, at least that's one less thing I have to worry about. It does bother me that we do have to pay now but I suppose if they didn't they would always find some other way of getting more money out of us

Days Inn Convention Center 1999
Quality Inn Plaza 2000/1/2/3/4/5/6/8/9/10
Rosen Inn @ Pointe (Old QIP) 2013/14/16/18
Rosen Plaza 2019
Benno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 15, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

No way will I be giving Virgin another £300 for the privilege of sitting together, as long as I've got a seat and I'm on my way to Florida I'll just plug my iPad in and watch a few films.
Old 24 Jan 16, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I think this proves that more and more ARE paying for seats which inevitably leaves less seat choice for those that don't...
It's a personal choice and I see both sides of the argument.
However what I do think silly are those that state
"We've never been split up in over 10000 flights" there is always that chance, and
"I'm not paying and I pity the person who has to sit next to my son or daughter" as I think they will be the first to create when it happens.
Old 24 Jan 16, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dogken View Post
No way will I be giving Virgin another £300 for the privilege of sitting together, as long as I've got a seat and I'm on my way to Florida I'll just plug my iPad in and watch a few films.
Totally agree, DH puts his head phones on to listen to his music the minute we get on and I plug in to watch the films so to be honest neither of us are particularly bothered if we don't sit together plus it gives me an excuse to wander round the plane and stand and chat with him every now and again. Having traveled a lot on my own anyway its no big deal to me and the money I don't use to pay for a particular seat goes towards something else when I get to my destination.
Old 24 Jan 16, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Deadlinesman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

No need to pay as fortunately we're travelling PE. However, I would pay if weren't as wifey is a terrible flyer and we have the DD to content with as well.
Deadlinesman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I like to sit with my family, but that is not the main reason for paying for us.

I do not want to sit near the toilets, or near a galley or near ELR seats with people milling around, or at the back where I feel turbulence most.

so I pay and others who don't get to take their chances with those things.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post

We pay as we want the exit row seats but other than that I wouldn't bother!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 16, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We have never paid to allocate a seat especially as it is not set in stone and in the small print they say they can still move us. To us it is money grabbing by the airlines and playing mind games with passengers. We have always chosen our seats when OLCI opens and always managed to get two decent seats together. Then spend the funds saved on that meal or some cocktails.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 16, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
We have never paid to allocate a seat especially as it is not set in stone and in the small print they say they can still move us. To us it is money grabbing by the airlines and playing mind games with passengers. We have always chosen our seats when OLCI opens and always managed to get two decent seats together. Then spend the funds saved on that meal or some cocktails.
If there were only 2 in your party many people wouldn't pay... we travel as a family - all deemed "adults" - who want to be together.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List