Notices

View Poll Results: What column would you put yourself in?
Get the whole lot. Every park. Every ticket. 52 17.63%
Get most but not quite all. 107 36.27%
Always select parks to keep the price down. 121 41.02%
Don't do hardly any of the parks. 15 5.08%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Apr 16, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

If we do 3 weeks we do all but we have moved down to two weeks every two years so last time it was universal seaworthy Busch gardens this time Disney
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

we do 2 weeks here - so
Disney14 day ultimates (we use the free MM and go to minigolf 3 or 4 times as well as the 4 parks twice - sometimes a different one morning and evening)
and Universal 14 day flex plus - at least 4 uses of that ticket too - so cost effective for us.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes 14 day disney and 14 day universal it's the most cost effective imo
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 16, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
secretivemum
Imagineer

Last time didn't do Universal at all but this time we're going for three weeks so figure we have time to visit everything. We've only been for half a holiday before but I guess if I had been dozens of times I might start being a bit pickier about which tickets I chose... can't imagine ever going and not doing Disney tho
secretivemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 16, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Disney only here.

Single ticket all parks, water parks for full duration of stay.

Cost pppd is really small for a 21 night stay.

Disney 332
Old 28 May 16, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

The first 3 times we did Orlando we got all the lot.

Since then we've often asked ourselves - were we stark raving mad?

I suppose back then we didn't know we could go back so often, but these days we do either Disney OR the 'others' - but not both as we feel it's a total and shocking waste of money!

I suppose someone going for the first time not knowing if they'd like it or if they'd ever go back would make sense to get them all. Make for a hectic (if also a very fun-filled exciting) holiday, mind you!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've always had the full 14 days of Universal & SeaWorld Parks (usually via a Flex Ticket, sometimes buying separately), and usually we have 14 day Disney Ultimates (except in 2012 when the budget only allowed for 6 day Tickets, which we bought on the gate due to last minute saving).

Even before staying onsite, flexibility has been important to us.

However, next year, due to our longer Disney stay, we won't be getting the SeaWorld park tickets for the first time ever - there isn't time in the plan for BG, we're happy with just BB as a Waterpark option, and we'd only do 1 day at SW, so the extra tickets just aren't worth it.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlottesumx
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dancat View Post
It is our first time this year and we have the Disney 14 day ultimate tickets that came with our Disney hotel booking and the 14 day 2 park Universal tickets. We had considered the KSC but we decided that we just wanted to make the most of our time at Disney and plan to do a couple of days at Universal. We have already talked about going back again and doing the parks that we missed this time. I hate to feel rushed and pressured into getting everything done.
can I ask if Disney Ultimate tickets always come with a Disney hotel booking, and is it this that makes the Disney hotels more affordable, when you factor in the cost of this otherwise? Thank you
December 1980 I-drive August 1987 Fort Wilderness July 2001 Paris Davy Crockett December 2008 Kissimee and Bahama Bay May 2008 Paris Santa Fe June 2011 Paris Campanile February 2016 Port Orleans Disney, Universal Cabana Bay
Charlottesumx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Charlottesumx View Post
can I ask if Disney Ultimate tickets always come with a Disney hotel booking, and is it this that makes the Disney hotels more affordable, when you factor in the cost of this otherwise? Thank you
They do not come with your hotel booking, but if you order tickets at the same time as you book your hotel you will often get free dining which does make the Disney hotel more affordable. Also factor in parking and memory maker.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We only did Disney this time, so had 14 day Ultimates.
Last visit we did Universal as well and had the 14 day ones.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List