Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Getting on public transport. I’ve not been on a bus since beginning of March.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

Getting back to the theatre, had Back to the Future tickets cancelled, and have Lion King and a Meatloaf Bat out of Hell show booked for end of the year.
Shutterbug is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Tbh I feel humbled by what some of you lovely people want I really feel so selfish now , hope we all get what we need to help us reurn 🥰🥰🥰
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Going to work in the office 2-3 days a week rather than working at home full time.
Really seeing my colleagues rather than on Teams.
Being a commuter on a busy Tube.
Wearing ‘proper’ clothes at work.
When these happen, life will start to feel normal again.

Edited at 10:08 PM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelsea01
Excited about Disney

Daughter going back to school & booking a holiday
Chelsea01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Being able to meet my mum for a Costa! We used to do it every week and spend the day together. We've not done it since February as she ended up in hospital and came out a few days before lockdown and then she was shielding.

Being able to do the school run without having to walk in and out the school to go different ways to collect different years (a very large primary school and a different one way system for each year!).
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

To hug my family, to visit friends and family, to shop without a mask, to have my 3yr old grandson to stay over again , for my elderly Dad to be able to get the bus to the pub 3 times a week to meet friends for a couple of pints, chat and cards.

I'm WFH and in daily contact with the rest of the team so good with that and been able to walk out most nights onto the 2 fields close by.
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Being able to do my job without needing to do a risk assessment before doing a site visit and having to wear a mask when I go.

Not having to follow a one way system, or getting cross at people that ignore it around the local shopping centre.

‘Social distancing’, ‘second wave’ and ‘new normal’ being phrases that aren’t heard anymore.

And giving my mum and dad a hug without feeling instantly guilty about breaking the rules.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Mobile

When we can actually spend time inside my Mum and Dad’s house with all our family at the same time (18 of us inc 8 kids), have dinner together and be able to hug my nieces and nephews. We haven’t been able to do this since Mother’s Day and it is not normal for us at all.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Well my research shows that Makita drills with a 2nd battery pack free are cheap this week at the Tool Station.
And a fiver off when you spend £40.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List