Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Aug 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

You will get it on a day depending on your NI number,4 weeks in arrears.So probably about 5 weeks after your birthday.
Old 11 Aug 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, I’ll press on this evening.

I’m interested in my bus pass too ! We can use it on our park & ride which is a great help once I start going out & about again. I can easily ring up parking costs of a fiver if I go into Chelmsford to shop and have lunch.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Unfortunately you have to give them all those details to open a pension forecast online.
It's safe I've had mine on there for year's.😉
And is well worth it as there is all sorts of useful info. in there.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
Before the lockdown I phoned them and they sent out a pension forecast which meant I didn’t have to fill in a load of personal details on line. Not sure if this is still possible under current situation though but did get a written quote in writing approximately 10 days later.
Without knowing your situation remember your initial forecast will be based on a Certain number of years. However if you had a period when you were not working due to bringing up children and you were receiving family allowance then you need to ensure that those years are credited to you. That is not always the case.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
The government gateway is really really handy, you can do and apply for all sorts of things on there.
The info required is to fully verify it is you, so I found that reassuring really. The government obviously knows everything about us anyway, just helps prevent fraud etc
Old 11 Aug 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Can you say why you are concerned about giving this information? Is it not all available online - albeit perhaps on different sites - to Government Agencies?
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
And is well worth it as there is all sorts of useful info. in there.
I like it. Very interesting to see yours years of National Insurance.
Didnt pay much in 1973! 😂
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Linda I didn't do anything online I phoned the freephone number listed on the government website 0800-731-7898, open 9-30am to 2-30pm mon to Friday .they asked a few details and said they would send me a letter with my pension forecast . It was quick and easy and the letter arrived prompt giving my pension date and my expected amount, this was two years before I qualified for pension, four months before your pension date you then get a letter inviting you to claim your pension, again I phoned up on the same number, it was only then that they took any bank details so that they could pay it into my account on my due date. It was as smooth as clockwork and a month before my due pension date a letter arrived reminding me of exactly how much was being paid in and the date the first payment will go into the bank. it was more than they had first estimated due to state pension increases since I very first phoned. 😀
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I just phone them when I wanted to know about DH's and they could not have been more helpful, once they had spoken to him to confirm they could give me all his details etc about topping up to get him more. I have phoned and asked for an update of what he will be getting for the past 2 years.
Also remember, unless things have changed, that you are 'invited to claim' your State Pension. It does not suddenly start without your doing so!
Old 11 Aug 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I’m trying to see how much I will receive for my state pension, and the date from when it will be paid.

I’ve spent an hour on the gov website but I’m fed up trying to verify myself. I’m now on the Post Office site having to set up an account so I can get into the ‘Government Gateway’. I’m being asked to give a LOT of info and frankly I’m a bit nervous about supplying full name, date of birth, address, NI number, a P60, driving licence number, passport number etc in order to just get some info.

Is there another way to reach my pension info ? Or do I just go with the flow and hand over a lot of details about myself ? I know they are legally obliged to protect personal data but I don’t want them to have all this sitting on their system.

Thanks
You can check your State Pension Age without setting up a government gateway account. Just go here:

gov.uk/state-pension-age/y

The information you’re being asked to supply is information that the various bodies already have - it’s purely being used to verify your identity. The gateway account is used to access all sorts of services - HMRC, state pension etc - so they’re just being thorough in making sure they’re granting the right person access to the right info. If it makes you feel more comfortable then you can set it up directly on the Gov.uk website rather than via the post office site.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List