Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Hi Colette anything but burgers as I can not have them weat intolerance but I do have a naked burger know and again

Thank you x
If you are there any time from Thursday til Sunday then the Baltic Market is really good. It’s like a street food market with a load of the city’s independent restaurants have stalls there. There is entertainment too
El Gato Negro in Exchange Flags is very good - it’s Tapas and they have a great 3 dishes for £15 deal.
Mowgli is great for Indian - local girl started in the city but I believe they have now opened up across the country
Lucy In The Sky is a really nice cafe if you want something causal.
There are lots of small independent good places around Bold Street. Few nice high end, fine dining places but I don’t think you will be wanting these on a sight seeing trip.
Anything else just ask!
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thanks all x
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Thank you yes there are we eaten in a few places but just thinking of Covid
We went to Cosy Club yesterday, tables were spaced well apart, all staff had face coverings. Paper menus were thrown away after we used them, we felt it was well organised. Booked online, couldn’t get reservations in lots of restaurants, not sure if they are taking less bookings or the eat out scheme.
It was very hot yesterday in Cardiff!
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
If you are there any time from Thursday til Sunday then the Baltic Market is really good. It’s like a street food market with a load of the city’s independent restaurants have stalls there. There is entertainment too
El Gato Negro in Exchange Flags is very good - it’s Tapas and they have a great 3 dishes for £15 deal.
Mowgli is great for Indian - local girl started in the city but I believe they have now opened up across the country
Lucy In The Sky is a really nice cafe if you want something causal.
There are lots of small independent good places around Bold Street. Few nice high end, fine dining places but I don’t think you will be wanting these on a sight seeing trip.
Anything else just ask!

Thank you x
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Ked View Post
We went to Cosy Club yesterday, tables were spaced well apart, all staff had face coverings. Paper menus were thrown away after we used them, we felt it was well organised. Booked online, couldn’t get reservations in lots of restaurants, not sure if they are taking less bookings or the eat out scheme.
It was very hot yesterday in Cardiff!
Know I now you lieing (joke ). Always raining in Cardiff

Edited at 09:37 AM.
Old 12 Aug 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I'm going out to eat with family tonight at the Kasbah in Bold street Liverpool . It's Moroccan as you can probably guess, and I've been before. There are lots of great places on Bold Street
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Liverpool.. gusto at the albert dock is lovely, casa itala is also a nice italian, the florist, alchemist is also lovely, also baltic market have lots of options for everyone.

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I'm going out to eat with family tonight at the Kasbah in Bold street Liverpool . It's Moroccan as you can probably guess, and I've been before. There are lots of great places on Bold Street
Loooooove Kasbah! We were just up the street at the Italian Club Fish tonight 😂 small world!

Moose and Moonshine is very good for breakfast/brunch and The Quarter just around the corner from there is also delicious, especially if it’s sunny. 60 Hope St, London Carriageworks and Wreckfish are lovely if you want something a bit fancier. Have a fab time x
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Loooooove Kasbah! We were just up the street at the Italian Club Fish tonight 😂 small world!

Moose and Moonshine is very good for breakfast/brunch and The Quarter just around the corner from there is also delicious, especially if it’s sunny. 60 Hope St, London Carriageworks and Wreckfish are lovely if you want something a bit fancier. Have a fab time x
They didn't have our booking when we got there, can you believe it! I rang and booked and it did sound a bit chaotic so someone must have forgotten. I almost rang before to confirm our booking too but for some reason I didn't.
It was very busy too like the rest of Bold Street, we ended up with a take out from Chop Chop a Korean place nearer the commercial district. Then got soaked in the rain, so back at our sons house me wearing a pair of his shorts and t shirt 😂
I've been to the London Carriage Works and it's lovely there, it would probably be a bit calmer there than Bold Street was last night.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Mobile

We live not far from Cardiff, if you visit Mon-Wed make sure you book in advance as everywhere is busy with eat out scheme. We booked Bill's last week, dont recommend it though. Waited half hour for table then over hour for starters then another hour for mains, we walked out cancelling my daughters desert. Very poor social distancing and cleanliness. The ivy is lovely and felt safer. Giovanni's is our favourite Italian, haven't visited since lockdown but seen people sitting outside and looked lovely. Have fun 👍