Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I honestly don't know what the cost is and her Employer is so progressive and sees their investment which is non contributory as a vital tool for Employee 'wellness' Wish mine had done it!
For larger organisations this is the norm now where they have benefits schemes. It started to get introduced about 5-6 years ago and most now have it as part of the medical cover.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
For larger organisations this is the norm now where they have benefits schemes. It started to get introduced about 5-6 years ago and most now have it as part of the medical cover.
Is it declarable as a taxable benefit do you know?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Its a case of...

Too many people chasing too few resources.

Many reasons for this, longevity plays a part, as do other factors.

Disney332
Old 12 Aug 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Could fall under ‘benefit in kind’..not sure

Disney332
Old 12 Aug 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

It will most likely be part of a defined benefits scheme.

You are given a budget to spend of benefits up to a value (usually 3-4% of salary). As part of the scheme they will have tax and NI payments attached to them as part of the sacrifice you make).

In the case of private medical on mine it looks like it is just a NI cost.

As an employee it is all done at source, so no need to declare it as part of self assessment.

If you are self employed or running the company then you would need to be doing declarations etc.

Edited at 05:47 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Since COVID, we’ve been able to get on the day telephone consultations. For DH, the doctor wanted to see him following the telephone consultation and was seen later that day. I really hope they continue with the telephone consultations. Our surgery can be a nightmare to get GP appointments, particularly if you’re not on at 8am when the line opens.

I have nothing but admiration for the NHS, and I think the current situation provides an opportunity at offering an alternative service where appropriate.
Old 12 Aug 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Before Covid our surgery offered a drop in service between 0800-1100 hrs. No need to make an appointment, just turn up. This was for any new symptoms/illness etc and not for anything ongoing. You had to see the first available doctor. Quite often this was a Locum and I always found them excellent. Not sure if our surgery is offering this sort of service at the moment though.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Remember the days of doctors house calls? I dont think it was that long ago? 25 years?, I may be dreaming.
It's a changing world alright and this year like many have said will probably bring 5-10 years of change into a single year.
I hope it will at least stop unnecessary visits to GPs and AE, that will mean some self treatment, diagnosis and probably a big lift in pain thresholds!
Our local GPs are great.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Remember the days of doctors house calls? I dont think it was that long ago? 25 years?, I may be dreaming.
It's a changing world alright and this year like many have said will probably bring 5-10 years of change into a single year.
I hope it will at least stop unnecessary visits to GPs and AE, that will mean some self treatment, diagnosis and probably a big lift in pain thresholds!
Our local GPs are great.
I well remember my GP practice in the 1950's and 60's. There were 2 GP's and that was it.They provided 24/7 year round cover plus delivered babies (My Sister and I).
No matter if they had been up all night they still ran the Surgery.
Plus they came to the house if you were seriously ill

Turn up at 7.30am or 3.00pm and sit and wait to be called. Guaranteed to be seen.

How the heck did they cope!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We are lucky with our GP's, pre COVID we have been able to book appointments online for years, usually a choice of Dr's and times, never waited more than a week, we can also ring for on the day appointments. On occasion I've also been given a code word to see a specific Dr for a follow up.

During COVID a GP phones you back on the same day and if they need to see you they give you an appointment that day. As a family we have used the service twice and have no complaints.

We do have private cover for any referrals and with out that I wouldn't have had a life changing op last year- wasn't allowed it on the NHS because of my weight.