Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Oct 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ASCollins
Trying for More Ears

Kid's QSDP

Good Morning all,

So, 15 days to go. We are on the QSDP and there will be 2 Adults, 1 Child and 1 Under 3.

I understand, therefore, that as a family we will have 6 QS Credits per day. I also understand the written rule about children eating from the kids' menu unless there isn't one.

However, in reality, it would be great to order 3 adult meals to feed the 4 of us (the kids aren't picky eaters and often eat better if they have what the adults are having).

So my question is, how strict is the rule? If I went to a counter and ordered 3 adult meals is there anything the server can see (obviously not having the kids stood next to me) on our magicband to tell him that we are a 2 A and 1 C family?

How about QS locations where they deliver the food to the table like BOG and Wolgang Puck Express?

Let me know your thoughts and, mostly, your experiences!

SO EXCITED!
ASCollins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ASCollins View Post
Good Morning all,

So, 15 days to go. We are on the QSDP and there will be 2 Adults, 1 Child and 1 Under 3.

I understand, therefore, that as a family we will have 6 QS Credits per day. I also understand the written rule about children eating from the kids' menu unless there isn't one.

However, in reality, it would be great to order 3 adult meals to feed the 4 of us (the kids aren't picky eaters and often eat better if they have what the adults are having).

So my question is, how strict is the rule? If I went to a counter and ordered 3 adult meals is there anything the server can see (obviously not having the kids stood next to me) on our magicband to tell him that we are a 2 A and 1 C family?

How about QS locations where they deliver the food to the table like BOG and Wolgang Puck Express?

Let me know your thoughts and, mostly, your experiences!

SO EXCITED!
My daughter was 9 when we travelled in March and so a 'child' for Disney purposes, but as you say the QS credits are the same, and we were never compelled to order from a kids menu. I think if Disney wanted to enforce this rule, they would have to make the kids menu more extensive (kids GF, kids meat-free options etc). Unless something changes dramatically in the next few days, I think you'll be free to use us your QS credits as you see fit. (I have no experience of travelling with under 3, but it must be assumed that they share meals with their family). Have a fantastic trip and enjoy your QSDP - we certainly did
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
ASCollins
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
My daughter was 9 when we travelled in March and so a 'child' for Disney purposes, but as you say the QS credits are the same, and we were never compelled to order from a kids menu. I think if Disney wanted to enforce this rule, they would have to make the kids menu more extensive (kids GF, kids meat-free options etc). Unless something changes dramatically in the next few days, I think you'll be free to use us your QS credits as you see fit. (I have no experience of travelling with under 3, but it must be assumed that they share meals with their family). Have a fantastic trip and enjoy your QSDP - we certainly did
Thank you very much for the reply.

The official disney view on under 3 is "they can share from an adult plate at no charge" so shouldnt have any issues there. I am keeping my fingers crossed, if it works then it will be brilliant!

Can't wait, this is our first Dining Plan trip, and it's during Food and Wine, so we intend to make full use of the plan!
ASCollins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s totally fine. Ordering three adult meals on the QS is not a problem. You used to have to do it separately, like 2a meals and then 1a meal as you could only order the amount of adults meals as adults linked to your room but even Disney got bored of that in the end and all QS credits are just that now, QS credits and order from whichever menu you like.
Old 25 Oct 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Yes please just order adult meals all QS credits are the same. You may find 2 between 4 of you enough then get another later.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Originally Posted by ASCollins View Post
Thank you very much for the reply.

The official disney view on under 3 is "they can share from an adult plate at no charge" so shouldnt have any issues there. I am keeping my fingers crossed, if it works then it will be brilliant!

Can't wait, this is our first Dining Plan trip, and it's during Food and Wine, so we intend to make full use of the plan!
Just to warn you food and wine is very busy in evening especially if you have a pram. Opening is better if you want to easily get to booths.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List