Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Nov 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Absolutely loved this thread! Really enjoy a good kitchen make over, as long as its not mine lol So much hassle isnt it. Its a bit similar to ours we had done a couple of years ago except for the work top choice, I do like the dark tops like yours. Had you thought about black appliances?

Some photos of our Kitchen/family room when it was nearly finished. The magnetic wall was my idea as we had run out of freezer room for our travel magnets

Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
What a great experience you've had! It looks fabulous, I absolutely love the floor, the Lino of my childhood has come on leaps and bounds. Thanks so much for sharing the journey.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow! What an update. I love the floor and the splash back tiles are gorgeous- small strip but big impact.
I can’t believe how quickly you have got it done, most refits I’ve seen last for weeks. Just shows the value of good planning and research.
I can’t wait for the next (final?) instalment

Also Colin and cannavar- yours are amazing too! Good choices
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

I got the hall frame finished today will paint this at the weekend.

Old 13 Nov 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Glad you are pleased with it and that it went relatively smoothly. Looks great and enjoy your new kitchen.
Old 13 Nov 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Looks fabulous John and I love the flooring.

Cannaver and Colin, yours look good as well.

We had ours done two years ago but I didn't do a thread on it as I forgot. It was the dust that got to me...
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All of these kitchens are absolutely stunning!
OP I can't believe how smoothly and quickly your kitchen experience was. You must be delighted.
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockette
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, wow, wow! I love that flooring! I now want to rip mine out and change it to yours! Also love the splashback. It all looks amazing and I can imagine how thrilled you are.

I had my dangly lights above the breakfast bar fitted today, not connected but they are there at last. Very Katie Price but I love them! Still waiting on worktop samples so my kitchen is at a halt for now.

1982:I-Drive 2007:I-Drive 2009:I-Drive 2010:POR 2011:OKW 2012:BCV/AKV 2013:BCV/VB/OKW, BCR/BWV 2014:SSR/BCV, WBTA/NYC 2015:BCV, BCV/OKW 2016:BWV, WBTA/BCV 2017:VWL/BCV, MED CRUISE, FANTASY/BLT/BCV 2018:BRV/BWV, AKV/CARIBBEAN CRUISE/BWV 2019:BWV/VB/EBTA,BCV 2022:RIV/BWV, BWV, VB/CRUISE/SSR 2023:Mexico, RIV/BWV, Med Cruise, WBTA 2024 BLT
Rockette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
Absolutely loved this thread! Really enjoy a good kitchen make over, as long as its not mine lol So much hassle isnt it. Its a bit similar to ours we had done a couple of years ago except for the work top choice, I do like the dark tops like yours. Had you thought about black appliances?

Some photos of our Kitchen/family room when it was nearly finished. The magnetic wall was my idea as we had run out of freezer room for our travel magnets

Thanks for the idea about the magnetic wall - our old fridge had so much Disney stuff on it and with it now being built in has left youngest DS with a determination to have his Disney stuff back!

Your kitchen looks lovely and I know what you mean about the hassle involved - would be good to get the rest of the house back

As for appliances - we are left with Dishwasher and washing machine that are freestanding and until they stop working we will make the black or white decision. When we get decorated I think they will just blend into the whole kitchen décor. Deliberately chose not to get these in built as they are the two we will rep[lace more quickly than anything else.
Still gutted we had to lose our fridge to the garage - must be 17 years old and is already missed - the capacity of it was huge without anyone knowing.

Appreciate your photos and your comments

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
What a great experience you've had! It looks fabulous, I absolutely love the floor, the Lino of my childhood has come on leaps and bounds. Thanks so much for sharing the journey.
Thank you

We had so many ideas about the floor and ended up just going for the cheapest option, simply so we knew we would have our house back in one piece for Christmas (I think we are ahead of that schedule just now, but keep that to yourself! )

Appreciate your comments and I do think we have had an experience that has been second to none.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List