Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Nov 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve not thought of Dublin but will look at it. I’ve just had another quote from travel agent this times it’s virgin not KLM but it’s not leaving uk till 14:00 arrives in LA then fly to SF. Meaning don’t get into SF till 8:20 leaving me not much to do that night. But some of the group prefer the virgin flight as like me they haven’t flown KLM and worried about seat size etc. Then direct flight back to man from Vegas on virgin flight. I will look at Dublin route now.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

KLM are better than the UK airlines so I wouldn't worry there.

I would however ensure you have 3 hours as a stopover if LAX is your first stop in the US to get through immigration, re-process baggage, change terminals and go back through security.

Last time we did San Fran we did into Vancouver, clearing US customs there (nice and easy) and then onto San Fran for a fairly short hop.

That was with WestJet who were good or you could go Air Canada for example.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of delays for people going via Dublin this year, especially from Manchester which meant getting flights out the next day losing a days Holliday.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Yes the virgin one with stop Over in LA is 2hr 55 mins. So hope that’s enough time to clear etc. The virgin code share with what looks like KLM flight means only 1.5 hour stop in Amsterdam but I suspect as long as I don’t have to collect luggage there that would be enough time. Not sure if I have to collect luggage or not.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

We have flown KLM before and the flights and service have been good. It looks like they fly a 787-9 (Dreamliners) on that route which has seat back video etc I would prefer to fly via Amsterdam then LAX as currently no immigrtion issues going out as its EU and so any US customs delay would only be at destination. Also on the way back i'm nearer home and have more options if the flight is missed.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

1.5 hours in Amsterdam is more than enough. You just.wandernfrom one gate to the next (or from the bus depending on where you fly from).

No passport control between those gates and no baggage to collect.

Done probably 100 flights through there and can even do international.to.shengzen terminals through passport control on a 40 minute stop over.

3 hours should.be fine for LAX, had it take 2 hours before, but usually less.

I'd still do the KLM route though.
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks guys if I opt for the KLM option it’s actually a direct flight back on virgin plane from Vegas to Man so that’s a good thing I’ve just been looking on KLM website. Not sure but I think it said 787-10 which shows 3,3,3. I need to find more out as I’m sure I have to pay for seats plus it has option called economy comfort which I guess it like virgin delight. The rest of the group are leaning towards the KLM instead of the LAX late night one. As always thanks for your input it means so much to me and the other 7.