Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Nov 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
The Dolphin is awesome. I've stayed 6 times over the years. Walking is easy, but the boats to the parks are frequent and it's a really nice trip. Pool area is fantastic, and there's a 24 hour deli which does reasonably priced hot food from 6am till about 9pm. Plus there's the Boardwalk area with all the dining/entertainment options to wander about. And the Epcot fireworks are visible from the area. It's a luxury hotel for the price of a Moderate. We never take a car as the transport options are so good, and we just Uber anywhere offsite.
I'm sold! This sounds perfect. I fantasise about eating dinner in a different world showcase country every night - this could be a reality.

Hubby may not be able to do the boat but I can while he walks so should be perfect!
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
If you are happy to wait for the boat it will take you to the middle of the Swan Dolphin Walkway. Hardly any walking at all.

I will echo almost everything that has been said about the Dolphin. We LOVE it. We have stayed in almost all the Disney Hotels but the one we always stay at over Christmas day onwards is the Dolphin. The cost and location combination is unmatched.

We are there for our 5th visit next month and our 4th Christmas staying there. Christmas morning walk to a theme park. Maybe a bit of golf at the Fantasia Gardens courses? Swim in the pool. Its such a great place to stay.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

I’ve watched a few reviews on YouTube today. We are hoping to stay onsite 2021 but going to wait and see what restrictions there will be on the DDP next year if any.
Old 14 Nov 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Christmas at the Dophin is very nice.

They have a huge (properly huge) tree over the top of the fountain in the foyer, it has a railway around it and there is a light/sound show nightly.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Christmas at the Dophin is very nice.

They have a huge (properly huge) tree over the top of the fountain in the foyer, it has a railway around it and there is a light/sound show nightly.
Is it still there since the lobby redesign? My kids loved the train back in the day. You could control it like a train set, only it was about 2 foot high and 12 foot long lol
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
Is it still there since the lobby redesign? My kids loved the train back in the day. You could control it like a train set, only it was about 2 foot high and 12 foot long lol
I'll let you know in 3 weeks.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I'll let you know in 3 weeks.
You'll have to be quick, we'll find out in 5
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15

Old 17 Nov 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
If you are happy to wait for the boat it will take you to the middle of the Swan Dolphin Walkway. Hardly any walking at all.

I will echo almost everything that has been said about the Dolphin. We LOVE it. We have stayed in almost all the Disney Hotels but the one we always stay at over Christmas day onwards is the Dolphin. The cost and location combination is unmatched.

We are there for our 5th visit next month and our 4th Christmas staying there. Christmas morning walk to a theme park. Maybe a bit of golf at the Fantasia Gardens courses? Swim in the pool. Its such a great place to stay.
Thank you for the info. Hope you have a fab stay at Christmas.
Old 17 Nov 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunc
Very Serious Dibber

Just a quick tip - on three out of the 6 times I stayed, I got a free upgrade to a resort view balcony room, which gives a fantastic view of the Epcot fireworks. The first time, it was because we had to wait an hour at check in, as their IT system was down. The second time, I complained about the room I was allocated, as I had booked a lake view room, and I had a view of a wall. They offered me a suite. I asked if it had a lake view, and it hadn't. Eventually, they offered me a balcony room, plus $100 restaurant voucher. The third time, my other half emailed that it was my birthday (it was), and got an upgrade. I didn't know she'd emailed, and I asked for a balcony at check in, and they said I'd already got one. Last time we stayed, we got a front and centre room, from which we could see both Epcot and HS fireworks. Didn't even ask for upgrade. It didn't have a balcony, but was the best view ever. Definitely worth a cheeky email about a month or so before arrival. Service is exemplary.
Dunc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
We've stayed at all of the EPCOT resort hotels and the Swan is my favourite... haven't stayed since 2008 so it's a good while back now but I remember the lovely smell when you walk in.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List