Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Nov 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Hidden damage , take it to an indepenent and get it checked, he is only really sorry because he was updating his book of face on his phone, and he dont want it effecting his ncb.
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP sorry but I think you’re likely to be looking at an increased premium at renewal. By way of example, some prat reversed across a one way street into the front passenger side bumper of my 4x4 vehicle whilst it was stationary with the ignition off parked in a designated parking bay. I was sitting in the front driver’s seat. The other driver failed to respond to my sounding my vehicle horn to warn them that they were going to hit my car. The other driver also said that they didn’t hear their reversing sensors go off, and they didn’t look in their reversing camera! Fantastic?! Not. The other driver accepted liability.
I submitted a claim via my insurance company for the vehicle damage only. No hire car claim, no management claim, no excess recovery since none was requested for this “no fault” claim. The claim was recovered in full from the third party’s insurers. My no claims (many, many years) is protected, and my insurers advised that due to the circumstances it was “not affected”.
So why has my flipping insurance premium at renewal increased by c20%? ! ? ! Seriously taking the whatsit 😡☹️😡. I think I’ll be shopping around then.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My old car had four lots of damage but other people (all their fault) and my insurance never went up. It’s just annoying having to put the details in every time you want to get a quote from another company.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Hi, someone bumped into me today whilst I was stationary in traffic.
Will this have any effect on my insurance? Damage is scratches to bumper, but aware that there may be other damage, which is why I don’t want to risk not going through insurance.
TIA
I’d see if the driver wants to just pay to get your car fixed. Twice our DS has had his car damaged by someone else. First time he was sitting in his car having his lunch when the woman in front reversed into him, second time he’d parked his car overnight close to a friends house and a neighbour reversed out of their garage into his car. Both times they offered to pay direct to the garage rather than through the insurance. Our car is newer, and on lease so we’d need to go through the insurance. A decent garage will look for any “hidden” damage. DSs car steering wasn’t quite right the second time and the garage fixed that too.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Maybe it depends on the insurance company, but when somebody drove into my parked car, my insurance went up by around £25-30 per year. I was with Sheilas Wheels. When it was time to renew they told me how much the bump affected my premium, I explained that I wasn't even in the car at the time, but it didn't matter. They were still the cheapest well known company at renewal time though.
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
Maybe it depends on the insurance company, but when somebody drove into my parked car, my insurance went up by around £25-30 per year. I was with Sheilas Wheels. When it was time to renew they told me how much the bump affected my premium, I explained that I wasn't even in the car at the time, but it didn't matter. They were still the cheapest well known company at renewal time though.
That might have been because they didn’t recover their outlay (what they paid for your repairs).it is a no claim bonus rather than a no blame bonus. If they had recovered what they paid out from the responsible driver your premium and ncd shouldn’t have been affected
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
That might have been because they didn’t recover their outlay (what they paid for your repairs).it is a no claim bonus rather than a no blame bonus. If they had recovered what they paid out from the responsible driver your premium and ncd shouldn’t have been affected
It was definitely all recovered, I received a letter that stated that.
It could just be Sheilas Wheels, I noticed that on my renewal this year they have recorded a claim, for a windscreen chip repair, which I even had to pay £15 of it, with most insurance companies chip repairs are free.
I did query why is was recorded as a claim.
Even so, their renewal price was cheaper than the lowest quote on compare the market, that's why I stick with them.

Hopefully it doesn't affect the OP's insurance, I hope they aren't with Shelias Wheels.
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
It was definitely all recovered, I received a letter that stated that.
It could just be Sheilas Wheels, I noticed that on my renewal this year they have recorded a claim, for a windscreen chip repair, which I even had to pay £15 of it, with most insurance companies chip repairs are free.
I did query why is was recorded as a claim.
Even so, their renewal price was cheaper than the lowest quote on compare the market, that's why I stick with them.

Hopefully it doesn't affect the OP's insurance, I hope they aren't with Shelias Wheels.
Yes glass claims are generally not taken into account. Very bad practice
I wouldn’t renew on principle
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I was hit from behind by someone whilst I was stationary in traffic. When it came to renewal I got a quote with and without the accident (Just for interest) and with the accident on there my premium was £50 more. It’s a joke. You have all the stress and then more outlay due to somebody else being at fault.
kirmat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

I am another whos insurance went up even though it wasn't my fault - also my son was renewing his insurance on the phone and when he tried to add me they said it would cost another £20 a month as he originally said I hadn't had any accidents and I made him change it .