Notices

Old 13 Dec 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
spencem
Apprentice Imagineer

Chilling at DLP

Hello and welcome to another trip report, this time of our recent trip to Disneyland Paris. On this occasion there would be just the three of us. The difference with this trip report is that I (Edward) have been left in charge of this trip report; as I'm the one who has frequent days off and the spare time to put this together. Some of you will know that I wrote a small part of our Florida trip report from last year, and that seemed to go down fairly well.

Mum and Dad first visited Paris back in June but without me, as I was rostered to be working. At the end of their trip they announced that the three of us needed to visit. It was quickly decided that we should all visit whilst it was still the 25th Anniversary and once the Christmas decorations were up. As a result, Disney's website was monitored and eventually a decent deal appeared that would see us staying 5 days, 4 nights at the Hotel Chyenne from 3rd to 7th December with park tickets at just shy of £615.

A Euro tunnel booking was soon added on as we'd be driving down due to the amount of stuff we'd be taking with us. Not least Mum's ECV, as due to various medical complaints she can't stand or walk for long. Plus, after the faff they had back in June of renting a manual wheelchair, she'd decided it was easier to purchase her own ECV and take that with us.

About a week before we were due to go, we had a phone call from Disney in Florida; telling us that they were moving our room to a Montana Room in the Sequoia Lodge as Chyenne was apparently full (we deliberately booked this week as we thought it'd be quiet). This we didn't argue with as this was an upgrade for us, and now meant the parks were in walking distance. The only issue was that Disney never emailed me a new booking confirmation which we assumed was going to cause all sorts of hilarity at check in. I did eventually receive said email, two days into the trip.

Day one is here
The index is here

Edited at 01:12 PM.
spencem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List