Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 9 Jun 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
winkie88
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Vlogging

Hi folks after watching many (probably too many) trip vlogs on facebook, I really fancy vlogging my trip next year, maybe for youtube but maybe just for me as it would be nice to look back on. Was wondering if anyone here videos their trips and what camera you use. I have a sony cybershot, but never really used the video camera function and obviously would rather use that for taking pictures.
winkie88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Whilst we don’t vlog we have a go pro think excellent as you can fix to yourself Nd it’s waterproof etc
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

We don't vlog but we do film and edit into a home video for our personal use. I use a GoPro knock off called an Apeman and a bunch of accessories like a chest strap and underwater case. You'll also want some spare batteries and memory cards. I also have a digital camera which records but mostly use the Apeman.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I would send a message to dibb member wdwsurprise. They were posting trip report videos on the dibb in May, I was impressed with the level of editing.

Their youtube channel is The Disney Nuggets
Old 9 Jun 18, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Popular vloggers cameras are the Canon G7X Mk II and the Sony RX100 Mk III

I personally went for the Sony as it has a pop up view finder, otherwise the cameras are pretty close to identical

For Action Cameras SJCam 4000 series’s or the 2018 GoPro Hero
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

I use the Canon G7X mk2, also recorded our first two trips on our Panasonic TZ60
We also have a GoPro Hero 3
kaytronika is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
winkie88
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thank you for all your suggestions. Oooo the disney nuggets another youtube vlog to add to my watch list 😁. Let everyone watch love island... i'll keep to my youtube disney lol
winkie88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Yep, we film ours with Canon G7x! Great little camera for pictures too so it really can be an all in one! Small enough to fit in your hand too without it feeling too heavy!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Another vote for the G7X Mark II, it's not cheap but it is a great vlogging camera. The only thing to note is that the battery life on it is pretty awful so you will need spares.

It all depends on how far you want to go with it though - a recent iPhone (or high spec android like the Pixel / Samsung Galaxies) will be more than adequate. You can make fantastic vlogs with basic equipment, we went and got the G7, a DSLR and a GoPro and we haven't used them anywhere near enough to justify it.

Probably more important than the picture though is audio, if a vlog looks great but sounds terrible then people won't be able to sit through it. If the audio is good and the visuals are less than perfect people are a lot more forgiving, so maybe think about wind muffs or external microphones for whatever you use. This is another area where phones tend to do quite well.
Old 12 Jun 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes definitely get a MicroMuff to go over the microphone part at the top if you go for a G7x, it will deter any wind noise!