Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Mar 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Barbados- savannah beach hotel

Anyone stayed here?
We did the verandah in Antigua over half term and loved it. So we want to do Caribbean again next Feb half term. This hotel through virgin comes up very good value.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I did a post on this hotel a little while ago and it got good reviews from people who had stayed there recently. It looks great value for money we however decided to stay closer to home for our next trip but would definitely consider it in the future.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We stayed last August and loved it. We were a family of 4 in a pool access room.
Restaurants were good.
Location was great
Daily free buses to beach
Weekly free bus on Saturday night to St Lawrence gap
Over road from racecourse to pass a few hours.
We saw turtles on beach.
Best trip was Calabazza
sailcalabaza

Any questions please ask.

Edited at 06:18 AM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks both
What were the all inclusive drinks like. Branded or not?
Also is one of the restaurants adult only? We have a 8 yr old so would immediately rule that out.
Any kayaks for use on beach?
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

We stayed there a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, the rooms were a good size, the only thing I wasn't keen on was that the pool was quite small.

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

There are three restaurants:

Beach side buffet open for daily lunch and dinner (5nights a week)

Rachel's - you book a table most nights and order from a menu. We liked with option as buffets tend to lead to cover eating 🤣There's about 5 starters and mains plus a kids menu. There a "special" each night too. My 8 year old ate off both menus. A couple of nights they do buffet when beach one is closed. This was busy.
Breakfast is here every day.

You can go Club level or something similar so you get a free bar in your room, a gala dinner, reserved private sunbeds with waiter service. We didn't bother.

The drinks were fine. Not sure on brands but we enjoyed cocktails and DH loved the rum.

There's a noodle bar open maybe 3 nights by booking only. This is adults only. We did go as BIL had our kids. It was nice for a change but plenty of choice without.

The free bus to the beach comes with two free drinks vouchers. So good way to still be "all Inc".

I'll try and find some food/restaurant photos.

Also there's a kids club and games room. My two would spend hours in there with other friends.

There was some evening entertainment, a couple of singers, some local dancers doing limbo with fire, some musicians.

There was free WiFi too even in rooms which my kids and DH liked.

Edited at 09:51 PM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Not stayed there but it looks good. We love Barbados and have been about 6 times. Make sure you get around and see the island. I recommend the Crane resort for a lunch with the best view on the island.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List