Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Mar 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Great start...looking forward to reading along x
I'm looking forward to writing the rest as well! It was a lot of fun to relive this day when writing this, can't wait to write about the rest of our week!
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

This sounds like such a great first day! - How did you get from MCO to Universal? - we are going next year so I'm wondering the best way to transfer
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneyfangirl01 View Post
This sounds like such a great first day! - How did you get from MCO to Universal? - we are going next year so I'm wondering the best way to transfer
We got an Uber! It was about $25/30 and took about 35 minutes I think. It was a cheaper then some other options we looked at, like the airport transfers BA was offering. Probably could have done a coach trip cheaper but we wanted to go straight to the hotel and get some sleep so it was worth it for us.
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab trippie!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
We got an Uber! It was about $25/30 and took about 35 minutes I think. It was a cheaper then some other options we looked at, like the airport transfers BA was offering. Probably could have done a coach trip cheaper but we wanted to go straight to the hotel and get some sleep so it was worth it for us.
Oh great! I thought I read ubers could only drop off from the airport not pick up! - was the pick up point easy enough to find?
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disneyfangirl01 View Post
Oh great! I thought I read ubers could only drop off from the airport not pick up! - was the pick up point easy enough to find?
I didn't write about this in the trip report because I felt it was my own stupidity but we actually got lost trying to find the uber pick up, and ended up next to the magic express! I joked afterwards my feet had taken me where they wanted to go.

I can't remember which floor it is on now but it does have signage, we just felt the signage was best once you are actually on the right floor for it. When we went wrong there was no signage to say that it was on another floor. I would make sure you ask a human you works there at the first possibility, so you can be sure.

Once you are in the right place there are two bays they can pick up from and the uber app will ask you to choose one of the two so they know where to pick you up. It seems to work well enough.
Old 18 Mar 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Day two- Epcot! is up now!

Also I have posted an index if you wish to follow that!
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great first park day 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List