Old 29 Apr 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I like that we are singing the same song, I suddenly feel the need to watch Cocktail!

ooo definitely let me know if you see anymore! I do want further north but to be fair I think I would fly from anywhere if the price was right. I’m sure we could find something to do on the way down south I’m frightened to look at flights/holidays until hubby’s new passport arrives back. By the sounds of things I can’t be filling in ESTAs with one hand while getting ready to book on the other computer like last time

Did you get booked up? It would be great to meet you for a cocktail or two between fastpasses
I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but I need to see it again soon.

They play the Kokomo song on the buses at CBR a lot, I loved that there was a little Caribbean theme to the buses.
I'll let you know if I see any flights for you for this summer. hope the passport comes through quickly.

I've made a placeholder/throwaway booking for CBR for 2 weeks from 28th July 2020 it's just a party of 1 at the moment, I'm thinking of changing to Saratoga springs at 330 days, and/or upgrading the qsdp to DDP. I'll add the others when I'm certain we'll be going...or maybe I won't and then I can afford more cocktails

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but I need to see it again soon.

They play the Kokomo song on the buses at CBR a lot, I loved that there was a little Caribbean theme to the buses.
I'll let you know if I see any flights for you for this summer. hope the passport comes through quickly.

I've made a placeholder/throwaway booking for CBR for 2 weeks from 28th July 2020 it's just a party of 1 at the moment, I'm thinking of changing to Saratoga springs at 330 days, and/or upgrading the qsdp to DDP. I'll add the others when I'm certain we'll be going...or maybe I won't and then I can afford more cocktails
So I’ve had a little look at some flights, if it’s meant to be I’ll find them again when the passport gets here

So we will be in the land of the mouse at the same time!
I was toying with changing to Saratoga too if they have availablity but now I’m feeling the vibe I’m not sure if I can change from CBR especially when I know the buses play the tune The youngest loves Jack Sparrow so I feel Port Royale would be missed
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
So I’ve had a little look at some flights, if it’s meant to be I’ll find them again when the passport gets here

So we will be in the land of the mouse at the same time!
I was toying with changing to Saratoga too if they have availablity but now I’m feeling the vibe I’m not sure if I can change from CBR especially when I know the buses play the tune The youngest loves Jack Sparrow so I feel Port Royale would be missed
I'll let you know if I see any good flights for this summer.

I saw a few photos of the refurbed studio rooms at Saratoga and it looked great. In the old studio the 2nd bed was a sofa bed which really put me off considering the price of the room. But now I think it's a pull down bed. I wonder if the studio option will be available though, but if it is it might be in my price range when you factor in the cost of upgrading QSDP to DDP. It'd be great to try out a new resort and so that's a plus point too.

But, I do really want to go back to CBR and see how it looks with the building work complete and the skyliner so that's a big draw for me. Plus I've ended up booking a room with the 5th bed so the kids wouldn't have to share, although I bet they would argue over who gets a massive queen bed to themselves!

When we first stayed at CBR max was totally into POTC. He ended up spending some of his money on the little figure sets they sell. It was perfect for him. So if you have a fan in the family it's well worth it.

I'll wait and see what happens with rooms for SSR being released. Perhaps there won't be a need for a decision.

Wherever we end up I'd love to catch up for a cocktail or three

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'll let you know if I see any good flights for this summer.

I saw a few photos of the refurbed studio rooms at Saratoga and it looked great. In the old studio the 2nd bed was a sofa bed which really put me off considering the price of the room. But now I think it's a pull down bed. I wonder if the studio option will be available though, but if it is it might be in my price range when you factor in the cost of upgrading QSDP to DDP. It'd be great to try out a new resort and so that's a plus point too.

But, I do really want to go back to CBR and see how it looks with the building work complete and the skyliner so that's a big draw for me. Plus I've ended up booking a room with the 5th bed so the kids wouldn't have to share, although I bet they would argue over who gets a massive queen bed to themselves!

When we first stayed at CBR max was totally into POTC. He ended up spending some of his money on the little figure sets they sell. It was perfect for him. So if you have a fan in the family it's well worth it.

I'll wait and see what happens with rooms for SSR being released. Perhaps there won't be a need for a decision.

Wherever we end up I'd love to catch up for a cocktail or three
We have a 5th sleeper room too, I wasn’t going to book July I was thinking more the end of August but they only had Pirate rooms showing. By the time I’d queued again I had talked myself into booking the Pirate room-mainly as a treat for my Jack Sparrow-as hubby wasn’t falling for my Beach Club is a bargain story...it was in my opinion!...I played around to see if July had any standard rooms at CBR or CSR and found the 28th too.
Where ever we end up we definitely need to do cocktails, stick it in one of your less challenging day schedules...maybe Max’s water park day!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
We have a 5th sleeper room too, I wasn’t going to book July I was thinking more the end of August but they only had Pirate rooms showing. By the time I’d queued again I had talked myself into booking the Pirate room-mainly as a treat for my Jack Sparrow-as hubby wasn’t falling for my Beach Club is a bargain story...it was in my opinion!...I played around to see if July had any standard rooms at CBR or CSR and found the 28th too.
Where ever we end up we definitely need to do cocktails, stick it in one of your less challenging day schedules...maybe Max’s water park day!
Beach club or any of those 3 resorts is a dream, I'd love to be able to walk to HS and Epcot. One day...

I hadn't intended to book on release day, I've never booked that early, I think I got caught up in all the excitement of the new queuing system. I'm hopeful I can convince DH we should go back next year too. He does love star wars and we will miss all the galaxies edge fun this year by a couple of weeks.

I had toyed with an end of August trip one day to try to sneak in a MNSSHP visit. But Max does his GCSEs next year so I want to be back for him to pick them up. I still can't believe my little boy is going to be doing GCSEs, don't get me started on that!

I can always make time for cocktails there will be plenty of opportunity. We really liked the pool bar at CBR. It had the movie under the stars showing nearby too. The pool is just amazing and you can see the Epcot fireworks from the bridge. I'm hoping they haven't moved the pool bar too far from it's previous location as it was in a great spot.

I think I'm sort of talking myself into sticking with CBR That would be our third visit to staying there!

Old 30 May 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab report. We were in the same parks as you this year at the same time 1-15th August! Probably walked by each other! This time we cross over we fly 18th July and back 4th August. Staying at Coronado and a villa. Looking forward to your next report already!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Fab report. We were in the same parks as you this year at the same time 1-15th August! Probably walked by each other! This time we cross over we fly 18th July and back 4th August. Staying at Coronado and a villa. Looking forward to your next report already!
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love reading trip reports when I know we were at the parks at the same time.

You've not got long on your countdown now. It's our FP day tomorrow and I think I've got a good plan and know what I'm doing. Maybe we will bump into you this summer that would be fun! Have a fab trip.

Old 7 Jun 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Ooh, that seems like a lot of cocktails when you put them all in one place! Thank you for sharing your highlights with us, I agree that sometimes it's the little things that make the holiday, the silly things that make you all laugh or little mishaps that you look back on later and giggle.

How exciting that you're going back again soon, and it will be lovely I'm sure, to show your Mum and Dad around. I look forward to reading all about it.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Ooh, that seems like a lot of cocktails when you put them all in one place! Thank you for sharing your highlights with us, I agree that sometimes it's the little things that make the holiday, the silly things that make you all laugh or little mishaps that you look back on later and giggle.

How exciting that you're going back again soon, and it will be lovely I'm sure, to show your Mum and Dad around. I look forward to reading all about it.
We did pretty well with the cocktails didn't we

It's been lovely having you come back and read the second half of the trip over the last week or so! Thank you for giving me the chance to re-live It all again.

I'm really hoping Mum and Dad enjoy the trip this summer. I'm trying to restrain myself a bit in the planning and have a little more downtime than we usually would. We'll see what happens in the end. It's another 16 night trip, but this time we are doing universal at the end as Mum was keen to see the Harry Potter stuff. We haven't been to universal since 2017 so it will be fun.