Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Mar 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by goldendelicious View Post
We're usually on Calabay parc so yes your route is spot on... just looking if there are any other "useful" toll roads :-))
We're returning to Highgate Park for the 12th time soon and we've also stayed at Tuscan Hills, Regal Palms and Bahama Bay around three or four times each so we do like that area.

We can't really improve on using 417 south. We leave at j2 for 192 just to see what new restaurants may have opened at Rolling Oaks since our last visit. It is a bit annoying though with all the traffic light and leaving a junction earlier for the Osceola is possibly a quieter run via Sherbeth.

A couple of times we've stayed on the 417 until it merges with I-4 near the Mickey pylon and driving down to Championsgate and north up the 27. That route might be good for you as well. There is another toll though near where they merge.

Mick
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
goldendelicious
Proud to wear my Ears

yes the 417/I4/27 is good if the I4 is clear but despite the lights we do feel like we've arrived once we're driving down the 192,just noticed your countdown must be getting excited :-)))))
goldendelicious is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by goldendelicious View Post
yes the 417/I4/27 is good if the I4 is clear but despite the lights we do feel like we've arrived once we're driving down the 192,just noticed your countdown must be getting excited :-)))))
It is only about 5 miles on the I-4 but I know what you mean. We have joined it at Championsgate to go up to the WDW area and it's often stationary as far as the WDW exits.

Yes - very excited. First ever time at Easter. We don't do the parks now so not too worried about crowds.

Mick