Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Mar 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHoneymoon
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyHoneymoon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
How to surprise our daughter at the airport?

We are going in a couple of weeks and we are surprising our 7 year old.
At first we were just going to wake her up in the morning and surprise her, but then we realised we are flying on Mother's day, so we thought it would be cool if she thought she was surprising me with a family day out at the airport and then finds out we're actually going to WDW.
My mind is going blank now, though... how are we going to get the suitcases there without her noticing? MAN doesn't have twilight check-in.
We can't hide them in the boot until after she knows, because we want to tell her in the airport, but we booked Meet and Greet, so chances are they will park our car somewhere with our suitcases in...
Any other ideas of how we can surprise her? She is super gullible.
October 2019 --- All Stars solo trip | April 2019 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2017 --- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside | 2016 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 2015 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2002 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 1998 --- Disney's (former) Dixie Landings
DisneyHoneymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
zoebums
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did this with my daughter. She was 7 too! We were going to the airport so daddy could have a flying lesson then we were going to london for a break. I purchased a t.shirt printed with i am.goinf to Disneyworld on it. Handed it ro her in departures. It was magical xx
zoebums is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

How about extending your idea that she is surprising you with a day out to surprising you with a break away?
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
How about extending your idea that she is surprising you with a day out to surprising you with a break away?
Agree with this, I would get your husband/partner tell her that the two of them are surprising you with a break away, choose somewhere like Spain etc she will enjoy being part of the excitement and build up having a secret with Daddy then at the airport give her a Disney related gift pack with some Disney clothes for her to change into and tell her that actually you are all going to Disney?

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

as above ^^

tell her its spain or london for mothers day suprise, only you & dad know... ?

then when you are the checkin tell her you have had a word with 'the man/woman' and can goto florida instead ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJim
Excited about Disney

When she gives you your mother’s day card, you could give her a card too, and write the flight number inside.
Then tell her when she gets to the airport she can check the board to see where you’re all off to.
JoJim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
And then say "Daddy and I are going to Disneyworld for Mother's Day - would you like to come too?"
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’ve just made someone a t shirt for their little
Girl
To be given to her at the airport with the Disney castle her name and 2019 on
Right now she thinks she’s off to Greece
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

"Oh no I wanted to go to Spain/Greece/London"

Kids can surprise you so don't build the fake destination up too much
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List