Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 Mar 18, 03:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Montreal 2018: Parlez-vous francais? - Day 7: Rue Sherbrooke

Another early start! I guess that is the consequence of going to sleep at 9pm!

I had toast and coffee for breakfast!

I left at 8.10am as usual and used the tunnel system to get to the school, picking up a flat white on the way.

Today's discussion was on the evolution of mobile phones - I was the only one who remembered the first version! And what life was like pre-mobile phones!

I have rebelled and not done my homework as I won't get it back!

On the way back I picked up a magnet for one of my colleagues who collects them as well as some maple candies for the office!

The old town is do much quieter than when we have been in summer - positively empty!

This was in one of the tunnels - they were sticking blue soldiers onto the floor! Another artwork?

I got a veggie fried rice for lunch in one of the many foodcourts! It was actually pretty tasty!

I went also to pick up a felafel salad for dinner to avoid having to think what to have tonight!

It was actually considerably colder today - and despite the forecasts promising sun it was cloudy all day!

On the way back to the hotel, I spotted more statues! This city is a museum of statues - they are everywhere!

I went back yo the hotel to drop off the salad, and empty my bag of this morning's purchases!

I decided to head west to the area around the Museum of Fine Art. We had visited the museum two years ago.

The area has a lot of university buildings and is obviously a quite well to do part of the town - the houses were very nice and there were quite a lot of high end shops such as Tiffany's.

Around the museum were a lot of statues! This one was called Le Grand Tournesol - the big sunflower.

I loved the totem pole - such an iconic Canadian symbol.

This one - l'Oeil - the Eye was actually quite disturbing. I didn't like it at all!

More nice houses! I imagine these houses are not cheap!

After having got the metro to the area, I did walk back. It actually wasn't far!

I think this statue was my favourite of the week!

I loved the detail and the simplicity of it. I would have missed it if I hadn't walked back!

I treated myself to a hot chocolate!

I did a load of washing - I didn't like the socks I had left so wanted a clean pair for tomorrow!

I started packing as the washing was washing and drying!

Once the washing was done, I had dinner. I have done quite well on the veggie front this week!

I finished my packing (phew it all fits in! ).

I then went for a walk to stretch my legs. I found where the bus stop was for tomorrow. I still managed 20,740 steps today somehow - just over 15km!

Now about to get some sleep - will be a long day tomorrow!

Edited at 03:48 AM.
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List