Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 2 Jan 19, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
lozzylou
slightly serious Dibber

Blue Badge

I currently have a Blue Badge for disabled parking which can be used anywhere in the EU. Does anyone know if I can use this for parking in Orlando at all
lozzylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I believe you can use it in the Disney parks but fir everywhere else you need a temporary parking pass. You can apply before you go or get one from the tax office when you get there. It costs $17, if you’d like the email address of the lady you get it from let me know. We applied before we went, took about 5 days to arrive but you must be going in less than 3 months
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lozzylou View Post
I currently have a Blue Badge for disabled parking which can be used anywhere in the EU. Does anyone know if I can use this for parking in Orlando at all
Hi Lou... UK residents could use their disabled badge in Fl if our Gov hadn't holographed the wheelchair logo, making it difficult to see unless you move the card to catch the light, US parking wardens/police can't do this if the card is locked in the motor! I took advice from our Deputy pal who spoke to their traffic dept, their consensus; apply for a temp Fl placard... instructions below.

A helpful Dibber kindly sent me George Woody's simple instructions. It's as easy as it reads to complete the form, if in doubt shout.

Greetings,

To issue a US Parking placard I'll need you to complete the permit form, sign and return with travel dates I'll also need a copy of your blue badge (front and back), and your passport. The fee is $17.00 US Dollars [$15 + $2 card fee] that can be paid by credit card after processing your documents. Thank you.

GEORGE A.L. WOODY, ASSISTANT MANAGER, AGENCY 11, OPERATIONS CENTER... Orange County Tax Collector Scott Randolph

Phone: 407-254-1039 Fax: 407-254-1074

email: gwoody@octaxcol.com

Form can be downloaded HERE

NOTE: As a Non-US citizen you need only complete the 4 lines in the very top box section, nothing more, where it asks for Florida driving licence or ID card simply write NON-US.

NOTE: my brother gave his travel dates in the body of the email that held his attachments. He applies circa 5 weeks before travel.

Email your docs/application to George Woody [gwoody@octaxcol.com], you'll receive a reply stating payment required to complete the application. Ring the phone number above to make payment by card.

An email receipt should be issued and the agent will confirm placard processing be mailed to your UK address.
Old 4 Jan 19, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lozzylou
slightly serious Dibber

Yes please to the email address.
Once you have the pass do you still pay the normal charges to park or is it free in some car parks like at home?

Edited at 01:23 AM.
lozzylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lozzylou View Post
Yes please to the email address.
Once you have the pass do you still pay the normal charges to park or is it free in some car parks like at home?
You still pay the car park charge.