Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 27 Dec 18, 03:09 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Instant Pot

i have just bought one of these

So far have cooked a chicken... amazing so juicy and a chinese style pulled pork, also very very good

Does anyone else have one ?

Looking for a site that is aimed at the British market

Having trouble converting some of the American recipies. I can always find a substitute. Love food from all over the world though !

Or do any pf you have any good IP or other pressure cooker recipes ?
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Following this. We ordered ours from Amazon yesterday. There is a UK group on Facebook that I will join once my Instant pot arrives.
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mrs Toolman View Post
Following this. We ordered ours from Amazon yesterday. There is a UK group on Facebook that I will join once my Instant pot arrives.
Hope you like it

I havent seen the uk group only the American one... off to search
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I am sorely tempted by buying one. I keep wavering but I might just go and do it now :-)
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
I am sorely tempted by buying one. I keep wavering but I might just go and do it now :-)
Go on do it...
Old 28 Dec 18, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Ther are several (hundred!) Instant Pot groups on Facebook- the main one Instant Pot Community has over 1.7m members but I suspect most are American and Canadian rather than brits. It is still a great resource. Feisty Tapas (Pressure Coooking UK with Feisty Tapas) is U.K. only and very good.

There also lots of groups for specific cuisine and special interests groups - from Indian to Slimming World recipe groups. Just search Instant pot on Facebook and see which one appeals to you.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I have one. I'm a member of Instant Pot® UK Community and also Instant Pot 101 for Beginners
I don't do much on FB, so my feed is full of recipes at the moment
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
Go on do it...
I did it and got in over the weekend. Attempted to make cheesecake in it last night and it was like scrambled egg on biscuit. Doesnt help my DH dropped it on the kitchen floor trying to move it

next up will be chicken something
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
PigletsMum
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I've had my instant pot for a couple of years now and I love it! I've used it for everything from heating mulled wine to mashed potatoes! But it really comes into its own cooking meat I think as it is so tender. My fav recipes and prob a beef brisket ragu and a white chicken chilli 😋
PigletsMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Is an instant pot the same as a crock pot? Just looking at what is on amazon and there doesn't seem to be many instant pots compared to crock pots.

Also, which do people have?

Thanks

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List