Notices

Old 6 Jan 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Saw your pre trip mentioned on the October 2019 thread so thought I’d pop over to have a nosy! Sounds like a fab birthday, very envious of your cruise!

We’re in RPR for a few nights first, then moving to AKL - it’s our first time and I’m so excited! Looking forward to reading more, might have to start one myself shortly.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Saw your pre trip mentioned on the October 2019 thread so thought I’d pop over to have a nosy! Sounds like a fab birthday, very envious of your cruise!

We’re in RPR for a few nights first, then moving to AKL - it’s our first time and I’m so excited! Looking forward to reading more, might have to start one myself shortly.
You will love AKL, I don't adjust to the time difference at all and I really enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching all the animals at 5am while everyone was still asleep.

Have you stayed at RPR before? We only had one night there in 2017 and really liked it. Much more so then Hard Rock, I really love the fresh Polynesian theme.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
You will love AKL, I don't adjust to the time difference at all and I really enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching all the animals at 5am while everyone was still asleep.

Have you stayed at RPR before? We only had one night there in 2017 and really liked it. Much more so then Hard Rock, I really love the fresh Polynesian theme.
We’ve coughed up for a savannah view and I can’t wait to be on that balcony, watching the animals glad you enjoyed it.

I’ve never been to Florida at all before so this is all new to me. I went for RPR because it was a bit cheaper than Hard Rock, and the theme really appealed to me too.

It’s going to be a long wait til October - especially for DH who thinks I’m bonkers for talking so much about a holiday that is still months away! thank god for the Dibb eh?!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like an amazing trip . Looking forward to reading along xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Geez, where did January go? Said no one ever...

I'm really not keen on the first few months of the year, it feels like it's always dark up here!

Can't say I have made much progress with trip planning over the past month, I managed to get to 8 stone doing 45 mins with Davina 5 days a week, then promptly got sick and lost my motivation and found an appetite for chocolate, I'm on an antibiotic just now that leaves a horrible taste in my mouth that is only relieved while I'm eating something... the c course should be finished by Friday so I've promised myself its back to the fitness dvd everyday after the return school run.

It was bought to my attention that you no longer have to call Discovery Cove and can now book cabanas online (a great relief for those of us that loath speaking to people on the phone). I merrily logged on to find the price of a cabana has gone from $225 to $399, eek! Think I'll leave that till summer to book, it's going to take that long to justify that to myself. I did however, book the sea venture for myself (£23). Seemed like a good price? Its not like anything I have done before, and I'm a a bit nervous but in a good way!

Another thing I'm eager to get booked (at the 180 day mark) is Return to Sleepy Hollow (providing they do run it again this year). For reasons that I'm not even sure of myself, I am completely obsessed with the book/Disney film/Johnny Depp film "Sleepy Hollow". Whenever the weather is rough outside, the dvd goes in... and the moment Bing Crosby starts singing, bliss. So obviously I'm absolutely down for sitting in a stable at Fort Wilderness ranch and watching it on a projector while sitting on garden seats. Apparently it sells out very quickly as its has such a limited capacity. You get a cute little pin and everything. Going to try tickets for my birthday, October 26th.

That's about all for now! Lets see if I can get back into an fitness routine before the next update!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List