Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
DVC Dream
Unread 21 Feb 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Consequential loss travel Insurance

With all the talk and threads on airlines going bust (Im looking at you Norwegian!) does anyone know companies or specific products that include consequential insurance?

I can get end supplier insurance fairly easily but as I understand that only insures against the cost of the original travel ticket (in the case of airline failure) not the cost of alternative travel or if you couldnt replace them the consequential loss of the rest of the holiday (hotel, park tickets, car hire etc) Just wondered if anyone had any knowledge of this as obviously its not cheap so doesnt tend to come up on comparison sites!
Mickie is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
FamilyGWales
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't know about all around consequential loss, but I do know that lots of insurance companies won't cover tickets even if they pay out for everything else incl flights and accommodation if you cannot go. I got caught like this in 2010 when we had to cancel at short notice. Luckily we had myw tickets, but lost a couple of other year/date specific tickets.
FamilyGWales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 21 Feb 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I got my insurance with Direct Line and I checked this with them. I have a transcript of the online chat. Their 'end supplier failure' covers your whole holiday including any consequential loss. It doesn't seem like that in the blurb so that's why I got it said to me and got a copy.
Interestingly the adviser I spoke with didn't know the term 'consequential loss' but assured me their 'end supplier failure' covered this up to the value insured for
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First Solo trip
Unread 21 Feb 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I found plenty who offered it as part of a premium type product.

We went with london victoria and their premier travel insurance product.

They specifically cover for airlines going bust, or even just the airline making a mess like the ryan air staff holiday fiasco. They will pay up to 10k pp for "transport, accomodation or excursions" that are impacted as a result.

I suggest use the search engines, only look at 5 or possibly 4 star rated defaqto producta and look at their higher tier products. It will be on pretty much all of them.
Procrastinator is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2 days AMI, 1 week CBR & 1 Week Villa!
Eat and Play Card