Notices

Old 23 Feb 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I thought I'd replied to this but I haven't ... bad follower

I am so glad you had an amazing time. Obviously we've never been to DLP but I think I would have been the same comparing things to WDW. I remember my dad saying after our trip to WDW we would never go to DLP as it would be so underwhelming. I'm still excited for the report though because at the end of the day it's Disney isn't it!

I've been trying to come up with lists of villains that you might have seen but like Colette I'm going to save them for the trip report (if I remember ) x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I thought I'd replied to this but I haven't ... bad follower

I am so glad you had an amazing time. Obviously we've never been to DLP but I think I would have been the same comparing things to WDW. I remember my dad saying after our trip to WDW we would never go to DLP as it would be so underwhelming. I'm still excited for the report though because at the end of the day it's Disney isn't it!

I've been trying to come up with lists of villains that you might have seen but like Colette I'm going to save them for the trip report (if I remember ) x
Kelly, all is forgiven.

I've been writing up the last few days of It's all about the mouse. I'm on the travel home day. Then all I have to do is sort through the photos and post them.

I'm going to try and post the reveal and move to POR today. But then I might move on to day 1 of the DLP trip as I'm keen to get started on that!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Top tip for next time - do Peter Pan, Buzz and Space Mountain during EMT. In 11 trips I have never seen a queue longer than 15 min for Peter Pan if you go straight there when EMT opens.

Glad you liked Remy.

The French versions of the songs are not karaoke versions, they are the original French soundtrack of the film. Often the voice cast are huge stars. There is a multi language reel of ‘Let It Go’ online which is superb. But I love listening to songs in other languages, I have a CD of French musicals which has versions of ‘Memory’ and ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ from their stage productions on it. I like comparing the translations too.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Top tip for next time - do Peter Pan, Buzz and Space Mountain during EMT. In 11 trips I have never seen a queue longer than 15 min for Peter Pan if you go straight there when EMT opens.

Glad you liked Remy.

The French versions of the songs are not karaoke versions, they are the original French soundtrack of the film. Often the voice cast are huge stars. There is a multi language reel of ‘Let It Go’ online which is superb. But I love listening to songs in other languages, I have a CD of French musicals which has versions of ‘Memory’ and ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ from their stage productions on it. I like comparing the translations too.
I must have been channelling you on the last day as we did those three rides in that order

I didn't mean to sound so derogatory with my 'karaoke' comment sorry.

Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Kelly, all is forgiven.

I've been writing up the last few days of It's all about the mouse. I'm on the travel home day. Then all I have to do is sort through the photos and post them.

I'm going to try and post the reveal and move to POR today. But then I might move on to day 1 of the DLP trip as I'm keen to get started on that!
I don't know how you manage it, I'm struggling to get my last few days wrote up ... trying to do 2 at once I think my head would explode

I'm off for a look at the newest day's report xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I don't know how you manage it, I'm struggling to get my last few days wrote up ... trying to do 2 at once I think my head would explode

I'm off for a look at the newest day's report xx
Dave would say that I'm a total Disney nut and he doesn't understand what more i could possibly share with you all and why i am still harping on about last year and living in the past. But then when I've finished that report and I'm in full on planning mode for this year he will moan about why I'm only ever looking to the future.

I'm lucky to have you guys to share it all with

Old 24 Feb 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I must have been channelling you on the last day as we did those three rides in that order

I didn't mean to sound so derogatory with my 'karaoke' comment sorry.
No worries, you are entitled to your opinion!

Looking forward to the trippie and I promise I will read your WDW one. Especially as I love POR!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Dave would say that I'm a total Disney nut and he doesn't understand what more i could possibly share with you all and why i am still harping on about last year and living in the past. But then when I've finished that report and I'm in full on planning mode for this year he will moan about why I'm only ever looking to the future.

I'm lucky to have you guys to share it all with
See proof right there that men just moan no matter what. Chris actually said to me the other day have you finished that report yet it's been 3 months They just have no idea, they just turn up for the holiday and do what they're told

I'm glad you do share it as I love following and getting tips xx
Old 24 Feb 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Poor Kate, camping a mile from home definitely does not compare to a week in France filled with fun activities!

Hurrah, I am glad that Figment made it into the case and got to go to DLP.

Neil The Ram insisted on coming to DLP with me at Christmas, then ended up coming into the park as he wouldn't fit in the suitcase for the journey home and ended up in my rucksack.

I am interested to read the rest if your report and to see how you and Kate found DLP.

I must admit that I think Big Thunder Mountain is better in Paris, I really like Crush's Coaster and think Parc Disneyland is very pretty.

I prefer MDE and booking FP+ on the app rather than walking to the ride, getting a paper FP then having to go away and return later.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
No worries, you are entitled to your opinion!

Looking forward to the trippie and I promise I will read your WDW one. Especially as I love POR!
I'm glad no offence was taken. I'm nearly at the end of last year's report. I've finished writing the days just got to sort the photos. Take your time reading it, there's no rush, plus I love it when they pop back up after a little while as it gives me a chance to remember all over again what we got up to.

See proof right there that men just moan no matter what. Chris actually said to me the other day have you finished that report yet it's been 3 months They just have no idea, they just turn up for the holiday and do what they're told

I'm glad you do share it as I love following and getting tips xx
3 months he'd think I was mental then as it's 7 months for me.

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Poor Kate, camping a mile from home definitely does not compare to a week in France filled with fun activities!

Hurrah, I am glad that Figment made it into the case and got to go to DLP.

Neil The Ram insisted on coming to DLP with me at Christmas, then ended up coming into the park as he wouldn't fit in the suitcase for the journey home and ended up in my rucksack.

I am interested to read the rest if your report and to see how you and Kate found DLP.

I must admit that I think Big Thunder Mountain is better in Paris, I really like Crush's Coaster and think Parc Disneyland is very pretty.

I prefer MDE and booking FP+ on the app rather than walking to the ride, getting a paper FP then having to go away and return later.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures!
Oh I know the year 7 trip is a bit ropey really. I'm sure she will have fun with all her friends once they get started, hopefully they will have campfires and talk all night and have midnight feasts and lots and lots of fun!

On the journey home Kate did admit that a smaller toy would have been better and that she (probably) won't take figment with us next time!

We did enjoy BTMR it was a great ride, I think also that we both preferred hyperspace mountain to the space mountain in wdw, although they are quite different. Crush was great, but we only got to do it once as the 2 EMH we had at studios it had tech issues

I could definitely do without traipsing backwards and forwards to get FP and then use them. If they can't or don't want to do an online version why can't they have a central set of stations set up so we don't have to go all the way put to Indiana Jones to get a FP? There could be a bank of machines and you pick the right machine for the ride you want...It wouldn't be that difficult. I would have loved the option to specify a time too. We went back to the resort for a rest so a FP for around 3pm wasn't helpful, we'd have been more than happy to have one much later at 5 or 6. Also we had reservations for lunch and sometimes the times we were given for FP clashed with the meal so again we would have gone for a later one and let someone else have the earlier slot.

Anyway, there are benefits as I'm sure lots of people love that they can just turn up on the day and do whatever they fancy without having to do lots of planning and organising before hand.

And we did still have a great time and I absolutely would go back so it can't be all that bad.