Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Mar 19, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
Hope the area has improved somewhat over the last few years, when we stayed at the hollywood Roosevelt some time ago area was dirty and full of druggies certainly did not feel safe walking around after dark.
We stayed there in 2017 and it was fine. We walked back from the Hollywood Bowl around 11 and then back from the metro the following night closer to midnight and Hollywood Blvd was still full of tourists and we didn’t feel unsafe. I was also up at 3am the first night and spent a few hours sitting with a cuppa looking out the window and the street was dead quiet outside the main entrance of the hotel, nobody hanging around.

The area isn’t the glamorous area of the city and not somewhere you hang around at a cafe taking it all in but it didn’t feel dangerous and it has good views, nice big rooms and good public transport link. Now San Francisco was another story and the only time in my travels to the US I’ve felt afraid was walking back to our hotel in Union Square (in daylight) Even my husband who is a former bouncer and big guy said he wasn’t comfortable. Not sure how long ago you were there but I understand from chatting to locals on our last time that LA has cleaned up in the last 10 years and SF has gone downhill. I still enjoyed SF just shocked at what I saw in parts and if I was to be weary of anywhere on a typical west coast itinerary it would be SF tenderloin area and maybe the Fremont street area of Las Vegas although we didn’t feel unsafe it’s a very different, seedier vibe than the Strip.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by universal24 View Post
Hi yes, Honeymoon is booked for next August including 3 nights at this hotel. Why? Don’t give me bad news about it lol 🙈
As I said in the previous post it’s a very nice hotel and make sure you get a view and it will be a lovely honeymoon experience. I think the poster was just curious how you booked because reservations for 2020 are not available on their own website at the moment. Enjoy.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
universal24
Helping Minnie

Thanks for the reply's everybody . FYI we booked through Charter travel for 2020, so maybe they can book with the hotel or more than likely holding the money till they can book as well.
universal24 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List