Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Mar 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile Early August crowds

Do people think the opening of Galaxy Edge at the end of August will affect crowds throughout the whole month? We travel on the 6th August for two weeks, and are really hoping it’s not busier than normal as there will be the possibility of a soft opening and all media build up. We leave 9 days before the opening.
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We arrive 30th july for 2 weeks.
Its always busy so i guess a few more wont make much difference😂😂😂
Seriously tgere is so much speculation.
Im working on the "it is what it is" scenario and working on worst case scenario.
A busy day at disney is better than a quiet day at home.
I cant change anything just adjust to it... xx
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker's Mum
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ClaireVC View Post
Do people think the opening of Galaxy Edge at the end of August will affect crowds throughout the whole month? We travel on the 6th August for two weeks, and are really hoping it’s not busier than normal as there will be the possibility of a soft opening and all media build up. We leave 9 days before the opening.
We go 2 days after you and I asked myself this same question. I think the chances of soft opening are slim to none and so I'm not expecting it to be any busier

But if Disney wanted to let some people have a quick look round SWGA before it opened, I certainly wouldn't say no!
First visit to DLP! Campanile Val De France July 2020
Back to Mickey's Lake Villa! Was 2020, then 2021 & now 2022!
Tinker's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I agree its not likely to be significantly busy- I would be more worried about people moving there holiday forward to avoid Galaxy's edge and the crowds. We are going to be the middle of August, I'm very happy to pre-view Galaxy's edge if Disney need volunteers but I'm not going to be spending every day at HS just in case.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfanlincs
Proud to wear my Ears

We’re going on the 3rd August for two weeks so I’ll see you there! I’m hoping that most people are postponing for galaxy’s edge opening. I’ve read somewhere that bookings are down for summer but I don’t know how true that is or if it’s just wishful thinking. I think a free for all pre view of galaxys edge is unlikely if Pandora’s opening is anything to go by. We went 3 weeks before that opened too .
Disneyfanlincs is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List