Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Mar 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile Dinner before Fantasmic

We only have one day left to plan for dinner, the Sunday in memorial weekend. I don't fancy either H&V or mama melrose.
Where else could we eat which has reasonable transport to HS? We are staying on site and don't have a car.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Where are you staying? Would it be possible to eat at your hotel and then head over to HS?
Old 18 Mar 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are at CBR so I guess we could. I've just seen Sci Fi dine in which sounds ok?
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
We are at CBR so I guess we could. I've just seen Sci Fi dine in which sounds ok?
SciFi Diner is a bit like marmite - you either love or you don't. I personally enjoyed it, the rest of my family won't entertain the thought of going back.
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
If you like eating average food in the dark, in a small space, with screens showing films you’ve never seen before (or even heard of mostly), then go for the Sci-Fi diner, it was possible our worst ever WDW restaurant experience.
We did H&V twice before but this reminded me more of a works canteen than a restaurant, it suited its purpose for the Fantasmic dinner package though.
The last time we did Mama Melrose, purely for the Fantasmic package, not expecting much but it was very good. Something for everyone - pizza, pasta, chicken, steak, seafood - we have booked it again for our upcoming trip.
(I would never to the Brown Derby for this package as it’s a waste of ‘proper’ DDP credits to me).

Whatever you decide, you will definitely need to book, we were there once for Memorial Day weekend and everywhere was very busy and/or booked up.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve been to sci-fi twice. 1st time was rubbish food and really cold aircon. 2nd time (we went back cos others in our party hadn’t been) and I really enjoyed the food! I chose a burger this time. I think it’s best for burgers and milkshakes. It wasn’t as cold second time either and we had a lovely server. So it’s a 50/50 from me but worth a try if not been before imo.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
If you like eating average food in the dark, in a small space, with screens showing films you’ve never seen before (or even heard of mostly), then go for the Sci-Fi diner, it was possible our worst ever WDW restaurant experience.
We did H&V twice before but this reminded me more of a works canteen than a restaurant, it suited its purpose for the Fantasmic dinner package though.
The last time we did Mama Melrose, purely for the Fantasmic package, not expecting much but it was very good. Something for everyone - pizza, pasta, chicken, steak, seafood - we have booked it again for our upcoming trip.
(I would never to the Brown Derby for this package as it’s a waste of ‘proper’ DDP credits to me).

Whatever you decide, you will definitely need to book, we were there once for Memorial Day weekend and everywhere was very busy and/or booked up.
It's good to hear a nice report of mama melrose, maybe we will give it a chance. I'm expecting it to be very busy, planning a pool day then dinner and Fantasmic.
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
It's good to hear a nice report of mama melrose, maybe we will give it a chance. I'm expecting it to be very busy, planning a pool day then dinner and Fantasmic.
I loved Mama Melrose, the steak and cheese pasta was beautiful! Will be booking again in October. The pudding on the fantasmic package was rubbish but I’d still do it again to get good fantasmic seating.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I rather liked the Brown Derby, and there is also an adjacent Brown Derby lounge which has an abbrieviated menu.

Otherwise - perhaps the Boardwalk area or Epcot? You can walk from the Boardwalk area to DHS in about 20 minutes or less, or take the boats (which may be slower than walking). Epcot is also fairly nearby, about a half hour walk from DHS, or you can take the boats, and there should also be a bus from the main entrance to DHS.