Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Mar 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile Booking indirect flights

Hi, I have never booked indirect flights before, and wondered how, where, who you book them with.

We are looking at going in August next year and wanted to cut the cost of the flight be maybe going to Atlanta and then to Orlando. We would be leaving from Manchester
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I use Skyscanner to search for flights and then when I find something I look for these direct with the airline or sometimes thought a supplier such as netflights, ebookers etc to check prices then book
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We have used Expedia for the last several years. Never had an issue and always booked all the way through. Just pick fights with a good stop over. It will also show the plane used, which is worth checking as AA still fly some old small planes with no IE.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post

I've used Skyscanner and Expedia before. There are lots of hubs for flights to America to connect through. When looking for indirect flights to USA, allow at approx 3 hrs in between connections going out as you have to clear immigration and customs before your onward flight to Florida. Also we use Tampa alot as flights are often cheaper and as you arrive domestic passenger there on indirect you are straight off the plane, collect bags and pick up car. Roughly a 90min drive on I-4 to Kissimmee Hwy 27/I-4 junction.

We are going LHR-JFK-Tampa this year with Delta/Virgin codeshare, similar last year we did LHR-Newark-Tampa with United. In the past have gone via Philly, Chicago, Detroit and Washington.

Last year we were a group of 8 and I used Travel Planners for the flights, villa and car. I gave them dates and let them do the leg work for me. They came back with various options - direct and indirect and prices were better than I could do DIY. it is worth trying them just to give you options, you don't have to book with them!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

British airways fly/drive, Dublin to Orlando, change country of residence to Ireland, drops the price considerably
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
clrat25
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Booked indirect flights from Aberdeen via Manchester last week with Travelbag - prices were actually £100 ish each cheaper with a connecting flight than direct from Manchester
clrat25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List