Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

World Challenge - anyone been away with them?

DS has just signed up to go to Swaziland on expedition next year (Yes I do know it's changed it's name now btw).

Just wondering if anyone has been away with them, they seem very professional and organised. Any fundraising tips also very welcome. I'm talking bake sales, he's talking sky diving

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

No-one at all?

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Sorry, our son didn’t but some of his friends did and so did our friends daughter. They had discos, car washes and race nights. Whenever the school had an event or show on they would be selling tea, coffee and biscuits to the guests. I’ll ask him what else they did.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

My dd did one last year and had an amazing time. I was a bit cautious at first but they are very organised, safety conscious and thorough. As for fundraising they all did things as a group, car boots, quiz and curry nights, snail racing(!), pamper and shopping evenings etc. They did have a discussion with school and offered refreshments at school events and parents evenings. That seemed to go down well as instead of 50p a cake or whatever, parents would often bung in a fiver or a £2 coin so it worked really well. They also all signed up with easy fundraising. It’s a cashback site, like Quidco. My dd got quite a bit from this as she made all the extended family sign into it as well! They also bulk bought a load of sweets and made sweet cones to sell, that made quite a bit too. They tried to avoid sponsored type stuff and go for activities and events instead. Seemed to work well.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
My dd did one last year and had an amazing time. I was a bit cautious at first but they are very organised, safety conscious and thorough. As for fundraising they all did things as a group, car boots, quiz and curry nights, snail racing(!), pamper and shopping evenings etc. They did have a discussion with school and offered refreshments at school events and parents evenings. That seemed to go down well as instead of 50p a cake or whatever, parents would often bung in a fiver or a £2 coin so it worked really well. They also all signed up with easy fundraising. It’s a cashback site, like Quidco. My dd got quite a bit from this as she made all the extended family sign into it as well! They also bulk bought a load of sweets and made sweet cones to sell, that made quite a bit too. They tried to avoid sponsored type stuff and go for activities and events instead. Seemed to work well.
Fantastic Thank you

Yep he’s signed up for easy fundraising, he’s already made 47p

Old 22 Mar 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

DD went to Borneo last year and had the most amazing time. Lots of fundraising but that was part of the experience and think it made her value the trip even more...
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

My daughter went to India with them last year. She had the time of her life (she keeps saying she wants to return!)

It was brilliantly organised and their support systems are global in the case of something going wrong which put us at ease.

We did 2 years of fundraising. My daughter raised every penny herself in the end and some for kit too.

She did table top sales, an abseil off the tees transporter bridge, a coast to coast bike ride (with me and her grandad and raised most of her money).

My parents also had their 40th wedding anniversary during the fundraising period and on each table at their ceilidh they put sponsor forms and my daughter could chat to people and again this raised a lot of money.

Edited at 09:34 AM.
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thank you all, great to hear such positive feedback from people who have used them before.

He has 15 months to raise his funds so we're all over it

Old 23 Mar 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Thank you all, great to hear such positive feedback from people who have used them before.

He has 15 months to raise his funds so we're all over it
Good luck to him (and you).

We really enjoyed raising the money and as I say in the end our daughter genuinely raised every penny herself (and some!) and I think this really helped her get more out of it as she worked hard to get there.
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List