Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Aug 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colusox View Post
Hi Aims, we are currently in San Diego and having a great time. I was wondering if there is any parking near the doughnut bar? Would just like to pop in and grab some before we go to the zoo tomorrow.
Thanks for all your great tips, they are coming in handy.
Hi Colusox Welcome to town. I’m glad you are enjoying yourselves here! Parking at the Donut Bar is limited to either street parking (if you can get a spot) or at a public parking garage or lot. All parking downtown is pay parking, just so you are aware. The street parking is metered and the different lots and garages will vary in price by hour. I have used a multi-level garage that is just a couple blocks away when I couldn’t find street parking. The address of the garage if you are using a GPS navigator is 701 B Street, San Diego. I have included a photo from Google maps showing the location of the garage (the red flag), and the Donut Bar (upper left area next to the fork & knife icon).

The garage is operated by ACE Parking Management and I believe opens by 7 am. I hope this helps! I am so happy to hear that this planning thread has been useful Are you going to any of the Padres baseball games in town this weekend? I will be at Sunday’s game. Have a great time at the Zoo!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Colusox
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll try the parking garage out. I will be up in Anaheim from sat. So may try and watch an Angel's game. Go halos!
Colusox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

You’re welcome! I’m curious- where did you end up staying in San Diego? I remember us discussing this on your thread awhile ago.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Colusox
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Kings inn , at hotel circle. Nice big rooms, good pool and free parking.
Every thing seems close by.
Colusox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colusox View Post
Kings inn , at hotel circle. Nice big rooms, good pool and free parking.
Every thing seems close by.
I know it- great location! Glad you found someplace that is suiting you well.

Old 24 Aug 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi Aims, We've been back a couple of weeks now so forgive me for not doing this sooner but i just wanted to say thanks for your patience and for all your help with the many questions we had prior to our trip. We all loved San Diego and would happily come back again for another visit.
Many highlights for us which began with a trip to Petco Park on our first night and the Padres hitting 2 homers off the first 2 pitches of their 1st innings.
We stayed at Humphreys which was really good in an excellent location and would happily stay there again. If you havent tried it already we found a gem of a restaurant in Little Italy called Solunto I think it was where the food and service were amazing. It was a couple of doors down from The Princess English pub on the corner. The zoo, old town trolley tour, Coronado, old town, cheesecake factory (obviously&#128512 and jet skiing in and around the bay and under the Coronado bridge, the list could go on and on.
Anyway, hope you are well and thanks once again for all your help and advice.😀😀
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fatblokeflorida View Post
Hi Aims, We've been back a couple of weeks now so forgive me for not doing this sooner but i just wanted to say thanks for your patience and for all your help with the many questions we had prior to our trip. We all loved San Diego and would happily come back again for another visit.
Many highlights for us which began with a trip to Petco Park on our first night and the Padres hitting 2 homers off the first 2 pitches of their 1st innings.
We stayed at Humphreys which was really good in an excellent location and would happily stay there again. If you havent tried it already we found a gem of a restaurant in Little Italy called Solunto I think it was where the food and service were amazing. It was a couple of doors down from The Princess English pub on the corner. The zoo, old town trolley tour, Coronado, old town, cheesecake factory (obviously&#128512 and jet skiing in and around the bay and under the Coronado bridge, the list could go on and on.
Anyway, hope you are well and thanks once again for all your help and advice.😀😀

Wow, thank you! Your post just made my day I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to leave this detailed feedback for me. You are so very welcome for all the discussions and advice, it was never any trouble for me. It's rewarding to know that my info helped you plan a wonderful visit to SD. I'm glad everything turned out great! I remember that Padres game- I watched from home and thought of you all being there. That was such a fun and exciting game! I kept thinking how you couldn't have chosen a better game to attend- it was such an awesome win for the Padres (the back-to-back jacks that started it off was the icing on the cake). I was so jealous I wasn't there in person LOL

I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed everything...your hotel location, the food, the activities. Thank you for the tip about Solunto. I have been to the Princess Pub many times and have passed by Solunto but haven't stopped in yet- I definitely will try it now! Thank you again for the lovely word of thanks. It means a lot, believe me.

Old 24 Aug 19, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Mobile

No worries. We did wonder what an English pub was doing in the middle of little Italy but unfortunately didnt have time to pop in for a pint🍺🍺☹☹
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

We did wonder what an English pub was doing in the middle of little Italy

I still wonder about that myself, and it's been there since the 80's. The first several years it was open, it was called the Princess of Wales and had lots of Diana theming. They changed the name to the Princess Pub quite a few years ago.

Old 24 Aug 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

No worries. We did wonder what an English pub was doing in the middle of little Italy but unfortunately didnt have time to pop in for a pint🍺🍺☹☹
There is also 'The English cottage' In Balboa Park, where they are very.. English.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List