Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 6 Jun 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
My friend and I have just signed up to the Fairytale Challenge! So excited but now struggling to find accommodation - think it will be a busy weekend
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
Hi all - following on from my previous post I am struggling with where to stay for the Princess races. I'm looking at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans (FQ or Riverside?) and Swan/Dolphin! Any thoughts appreciated... It will be 2 of us so 2 queen beds would be fab... Am trying to rent DVC points but very low availability that weekend...
Thanks so much
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Hi all - following on from my previous post I am struggling with where to stay for the Princess races. I'm looking at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans (FQ or Riverside?) and Swan/Dolphin! Any thoughts appreciated... It will be 2 of us so 2 queen beds would be fab... Am trying to rent DVC points but very low availability that weekend...
Thanks so much

Have you tried Daves DVC rentals? I looked at points rental but with free dining it worked out better for me for Marathon weekend.
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fillmore10 View Post
Hi Jockey, did you do the Liverpool half? Hope you got on ok? I managed the marathon and was very pleased with 4:16 after all my injury woes. Really enjoyed it until mile 22 and the turn onto the Mersey with that awful headwind. Nice that you have Dopey to look forward to.
Thats a fab time you got! Yes I did the half... DH pulled out due to injury and ran with a friend who ended up in the ST John van as she had then a tendon..I helped her hobble to the finish! That wind was brutal! I did another full the weekend after so that was 3 marathons in 5 weeks lol! No more full marathons until Berlin in September! Have you anything else planned? Still can't believe I am finally getting to do Dopey!
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Thanks so much
Unless the bus system has changed (pick up from 3am onwards buses), the bus goes from OKW to SSR so if it is full at OKW then you won't be able to get on at SSR.

I think that the buses are shared on the way back as well between SSR and OKW.

Also think what you will eat before the race - if it is porridge then OKW and SSR studios have microwaves, I don't think POFQ/R do.

Edited at 09:35 AM. Reason: clarification
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Woo, just entered the Princess half! I’m in Kenya at the moment and couldn’t get WiFi at release time, so was panicking it would sell out, but managed to get sorted once we got to the hotel.
Brilliant glad you got registered!
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Who is going to Marathon weekend? I am finally getting to do the Dopey!
You'll have a great time. The fun bit is making friends in the corrals and seeing them over the 4 days, the worst bit is getting up at 3am 4 days in a row!

If you want to keep your medals in good condition, remember that after the last race you will be given 3 medals. Consider keeping a pair of socks to put over two of them so they don't clank together!
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
Unless the bus system has changed (pick up from 3am onwards buses), the bus goes from OKW to SSR so if it is full at OKW then you won't be able to get on at SSR.

I think that the buses are shared on the way back as well between SSR and OKW.

Also think what you will eat before the race - if it is porridge then OKW and SSR studios have microwaves, I don't think POFQ/R do.
Thanks Rabel - booked OKW so hopefully that's the right decision! Will get out there early for the bus but sounds like we should be ok from OKW? Thanks so much
Old 16 Jun 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
Have you tried Daves DVC rentals? I looked at points rental but with free dining it worked out better for me for Marathon weekend.
Thanks Jockey - have rented DVC points for OKW - so excited to be booked!
Old 16 Jun 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
Thats a fab time you got! Yes I did the half... DH pulled out due to injury and ran with a friend who ended up in the ST John van as she had then a tendon..I helped her hobble to the finish! That wind was brutal! I did another full the weekend after so that was 3 marathons in 5 weeks lol! No more full marathons until Berlin in September! Have you anything else planned? Still can't believe I am finally getting to do Dopey!
Just seen this - 3 marathons in 5 weeks is fantastic! I'd love to do the Dopey for a big birthday in a few years time so make sure you let us know how it goes. Glad you got the DDP with all that running! Did the half at marathon weekend in 2018 which was amazing atmosphere and a fantastic medal