Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 25 Apr 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PIGLET38 View Post
We are just sat at Orlando airport waiting to come home from doing the 10k Star Wars run. I had been doing the couch to 5k and managed running 5k non stop before we went. The longest I’d done was 7k but with a bit of walking. Managed to run the whole of the 10k on the day! I think the adrenaline and atmosphere kind of keeps you going. My pace was about my usual (not particularly fast) but I was so chuffed that I’d done it. I’m sure if you are running 5miles now you will do just fine.

Me and DH crossing the finishing line
Thank you for the reassurance - and great photo! I am feeling a bit better as I looked up the finish times for 2017 and the time I have estimated is about halfway through the list of finishers. I had visions of being the last one over the line, as I only do 11-12 minute miles (yep, I'm a total drama queen).
Old 25 Apr 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dotty1971
New Poster (5)

Originally Posted by Elsamac View Post
I've got Princess 2019 to look forward to but DLP in Sept this year! Thanks for starting the thread I'm hoping to be more active now that I've got some Disney races to look forward to
Hi,
How can I find out about running events please? I am looking to do Star Wars half marathon next April, but I really need some information. Could you please help, or at least point me in the right direction please? I have joined RunDisney Facebook page so far. I haven't ever run over there in an event, we holiday in Florida every Sept, and sometimes a second time earlier in the year, and have thought about entering something before, but never plucked up the courage to actually do it! I run every other day at home, and also on holiday when I can, but really want to sign up for something. I am currently training for a half marathon, and then hopefully progress onto a full one.
Thank you for any advice in advance
Lisa x x
Dotty1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Dotty1971
New Poster (5)

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Thank you for the reassurance - and great photo! I am feeling a bit better as I looked up the finish times for 2017 and the time I have estimated is about halfway through the list of finishers. I had visions of being the last one over the line, as I only do 11-12 minute miles (yep, I'm a total drama queen).
Hi,
Well done on your Star Wars run!
How can I find out about running events please? I am looking to do Star Wars half marathon next April, but I really need some information. Could you please help, or at least point me in the right direction please? I have joined RunDisney Facebook page so far. I haven't ever run over there in an event, we holiday in Florida every Sept, and sometimes a second time earlier in the year, and have thought about entering something before, but never plucked up the courage to actually do it! I run every other day at home, and also on holiday when I can, but really want to sign up for something. I am currently training for a half marathon, and then hopefully progress onto a full one.
Lisa x x
Dotty1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dotty1971 View Post
Hi,
Well done on your Star Wars run!
Lisa x x
Hi Lisa, if you go on rundisney.com and then click on events it will show you the races. When we booked for this years, they were released towards the middle/end of May and we booked straight away as they can get booked up pretty quickly. Definitely do it, it was great fun and a great atmosphere. I’m now going to look at booking the half marathon in DLP next year when they are released. Good luck xx

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Argh I need a kick up the backside. It’s 2 weeks until the Manchester 10k and in the last week I’ve run only 3 miles!

I hurt myself rescuing my Mums dog from a swamp (cuts, scratches, back/shoulders and, after losing a welly in said swamp, thorns in feet) - that was on the 26th - then I was at CenterParcs last weekend and I’ve done nothing since I got home, and also let the diet slip.

I’ve got lots to do at home today so telling myself tha5 will make up for not running today. Also going to go shopping to buy good foods to get me back eating healthily.

No point to this post other than to moan, about myself
Old 6 May 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Fillmore10
Proud to wear my Ears

Don't be too hard on yourself, life gets in the way sometimes. Try and build up to the highest mileage you can in next 10 days then do a mini taper. You'll do it I did Lichfield half today, so hot, am absolutely done in
Fillmore10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

Exactly
Life gets in the way
Draw a line under it and start again
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Argh I need a kick up the backside. It’s 2 weeks until the Manchester 10k and in the last week I’ve run only 3 miles!

I hurt myself rescuing my Mums dog from a swamp (cuts, scratches, back/shoulders and, after losing a welly in said swamp, thorns in feet) - that was on the 26th - then I was at CenterParcs last weekend and I’ve done nothing since I got home, and also let the diet slip.

I’ve got lots to do at home today so telling myself tha5 will make up for not running today. Also going to go shopping to buy good foods to get me back eating healthily.

No point to this post other than to moan, about myself
Originally Posted by Fillmore10 View Post
Don't be too hard on yourself, life gets in the way sometimes. Try and build up to the highest mileage you can in next 10 days then do a mini taper. You'll do it I did Lichfield half today, so hot, am absolutely done in
Good advice! How did you get on at the half? I am just recovering from star wars ..did a leg of the Belfast marathon today too after being on nightshift..I was a bit of a zombie lol!
Old 8 May 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fillmore10
Proud to wear my Ears

Very slow Jockey, tried running today and legs wouldn't work gym tomorrow but no running! Belfast was hot I'm guessing too so well done on doing that I'm well into marathon training now, next long run will be about 18 miles at the weekend.
Fillmore10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Anyone else run the Bristol 10k today?

It was hot! It was my neice's first ever race so we all went up together.

DH got the best time he's had for quite a few years, so he was happy.

DD got a better time than she was expecting (hasn't been training much) so she was happy.

I'm definitely not at my fastest or fittest right now but have been making some good progress and speeding up over the last few months so I was hoping for 1 hr 5 mins.

I was on track until 4K then I caught up with my niece who was in that defeated head down walking pose I'm sure we've all seen (or experienced!). So I spent the rest of the race "encouraging" (bossing ) her round. Came in together at 1 hr 12 mins. It was really hot, and she learnt a valuable lesson about going off too fast.

Im now looking for another flattish localish 10k to see how I can do.