Notices

View Poll Results: Pool Heating or MVMCP?
Pool Heating 88 72.73%
MVMCP 33 27.27%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Jun 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

What would you choose?

10 days worth of pool heating (£290)

Or

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party? (£154)

Some background.

We’ve both stayed in villas in Florida before (as children) but we prefer being onsite.
In our 3 trips together staying in hotels we haven’t gone swimming or to a water park but that’s because I don’t really like being in my swimming costume in public. We will likely spend a lot of time at the villa.

But..

We likely won’t go to Florida over the Christmas period again as we tend to go away for our birthdays. We did MNSSHP last year and loved it but spent the majority of the time trick or treating we like watching parades and fireworks but I get anxious around the crowds that form for them so tend to stand back to appreciate them with some space around us.

Thanks!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I loved MVMCP - such a wonderful event but if you are spending a lot of time at the villa and the pool will be used then you will need heating that time of the year. Its a hard choice though because the party is amazing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

You could opt not to reserve seats on your flight out an back, and take a chance on sitting together anyway, that would save you the money for the party tickets and then you could do both...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
MNSSHP has my vote. Unless, like the above says, you will be spending a lot of time at your villa!
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TheWilsons View Post
I loved MVMCP - such a wonderful event but if you are spending a lot of time at the villa and the pool will be used then you will need heating that time of the year. Its a hard choice though because the party is amazing.
It’s tough, we don’t know for sure how much we will use it which is why we are stuck on which is best for us!

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You could opt not to reserve seats on your flight out an back, and take a chance on sitting together anyway, that would save you the money for the party tickets and then you could do both...
Our seat selections are included so that doesn’t work for us! I’m also terrible at sitting next to strangers on planes in case they’re ill

Originally Posted by KymmieAKiss View Post
MNSSHP has my vote. Unless, like the above says, you will be spending a lot of time at your villa!
I think deep down it has my vote as well! DH wants the pool heating - I want the party tickets!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
1st - have you booked through a TA £290 seems high for ten days
2nd - if it's just the two of you and you're not worried about the pool don't get the pool heat, but if there are others travelling who aren't in the decision making I would have pool heating, sitting by a pool but it's to cold to get in would not be fun
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Is there anything you can do to make a bit of extra cash before you go to cover the party tickets?

Saving coins (ours soon add up)
E-baying unused clothes/items
Forgoing a few luxuries each week on grocery shopping (or like swapping a meat dish for a cheaper veggie option, jacket spud with beans one night) and putting that money into a jar instead

Loads of ideas to save a bit of money online & £150 isn't massively unobtainable in that time period.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have only done Xmas so can only compare to that.

To me (and we have been a lot over the Christmas period) I would say this.

This Christmas party is only worth it to us if we’re not going to Disney on that holiday, if like we have done for the last few years not had Disney tickets the party is a cheap way of getting a fix.

If you have tickets it not worth the extra.

Pool heat is a must, as I said before in December when we go the pool would be useless without the heat, not sure about when you go? Will the pool be too cold to use without heat?

If it is no way would I have a villa with a pool I can’t use for a few hours of collecting sweets!

The pool is a huge part of the holiday for us, I don’t think we would bother going without a nice warm pool.

Like others have said can you cut back on something else? If the party is a dealbreaker don’t loose the pool value, pick something else, swap 2 meals out for a sandwich in the villa would be my choice if I had to choose.
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
The sensible part of me has gone for pool heating - however, can you squeeze that extra £154 into your budget somewhere by either selling at a car boot or e-bay - you have enough time before christmas to get in some car boots now the nice weather is here. Good Luck with whichever you choose.
Old 21 Jun 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
That is an obscene amount of money for pool heating - £29 per night? I'm guessing your villa is booked through a tour operator as they are charging almost double what you would expect to pay if you had rented direct from an owner. Could it be an option to cancel the villa part of the holiday and source your own? That way, the pool heating would be half what you have been quoted and you could then have that and the party, for the same cost that you currently have just for heat!

Debra

Edited at 05:55 PM.
Tetrarch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List