Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 9 Apr 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you everyone. The support and understanding here helps so so much. At the moment it’s 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. Still miss Dad so much it hurts but I try and think of a lovely memory each time I feel sad. I am lucky. He left us so so many good things to think about.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
Thank you everyone. The support and understanding here helps so so much. At the moment it’s 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. Still miss Dad so much it hurts but I try and think of a lovely memory each time I feel sad. I am lucky. He left us so so many good things to think about.
Thanks everyone from me too It is good to be able to vent on here.
Ds4ljs It is really hard and what you are feeling is completely normal. I am on hols and I broke down on the bus the other day reliving my mum's death. I have had dreams about my mum and dad this past few week which has been very distressing. My dad died 12 years ago and it still hasn't gone away. I am glad that can't forget them but it feels very distressing.
Continuing with life is difficult after a loss so huge.
Sending you lots of hugs.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Yesterday was my mums birthday, my sister is a bit of a dweller and I didn’t want her moping around. We planned on a shopping trip and Nandos with my daughter, we are both sick with a bug so couldn’t go. I felt awful yesterday, temperate and sneezing and coughing and very out of breath, my sister came round with medicine and tissues and we had McDonald’s instead. Today my dd is worse and I’m a bit better, trying to get out for some air with the dog. Grief comes in waves I am sometimes much happier but sometimes still can’t believe my mum has gone and can’t bear it x
Good luck and stay strong everyone xx
Old 12 Apr 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Yesterday was my mums birthday, my sister is a bit of a dweller and I didn’t want her moping around. We planned on a shopping trip and Nandos with my daughter, we are both sick with a bug so couldn’t go. I felt awful yesterday, temperate and sneezing and coughing and very out of breath, my sister came round with medicine and tissues and we had McDonald’s instead. Today my dd is worse and I’m a bit better, trying to get out for some air with the dog. Grief comes in waves I am sometimes much happier but sometimes still can’t believe my mum has gone and can’t bear it x
Good luck and stay strong everyone xx
Sending you hugs xxx
Hope you are feeling better soon
I have when I have happy moments it is usually followed by massive guilt I'm not sure if this is just normal? I have felt really guilty being on holiday
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
My mum died last April and I went to Florida in July as it was all booked and paid for, I didn’t want to go but I thought my mum would of got so angry at me if I didn’t. I am glad I did but did have sad times, you should enjoy your holiday with your family as I’m pretty sure your mum wouldn’t want you feeling guilty. We are all must have fun and happy times in our lives x
Old 12 Apr 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Thanks everyone from me too It is good to be able to vent on here.
Ds4ljs It is really hard and what you are feeling is completely normal. I am on hols and I broke down on the bus the other day reliving my mum's death. I have had dreams about my mum and dad this past few week which has been very distressing. My dad died 12 years ago and it still hasn't gone away. I am glad that can't forget them but it feels very distressing.
Continuing with life is difficult after a loss so huge.
Sending you lots of hugs.
Sending hugs 3disneykids. I still have dreams of my mum & dad & my mum died 5 years ago, infact it was 5 years ago today.
I know how difficult and heartbreaking this must be for you. Hugs x

Edited at 10:17 PM.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My mum died last April and I went to Florida in July as it was all booked and paid for, I didn’t want to go but I thought my mum would of got so angry at me if I didn’t. I am glad I did but did have sad times, you should enjoy your holiday with your family as I’m pretty sure your mum wouldn’t want you feeling guilty. We are all must have fun and happy times in our lives x
It’s true I think our loved ones would want us to make the most of every day and live life!
Hope you feel better soon x
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Sending hugs 3disneykids. I still have dreams of my mum & dad & my mum died 5 years ago, infact it was 5 years ago today.
I know how difficult and heartbreaking this must be for you. Hugs x
Sending you hugs. Hope you got through the anniversary ok.
Maybe its just me but I relive the end a lot especially at poignant times. xx
Old 15 Apr 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Tomorrow will mark the year anniversary of my sons Dad (my ex husband) taking his own life. It doesn’t seem possible at all. DS (8) has decided he doesn’t want to know what the date is as he’d rather not know and it feels so weird carrying on as normal.
Someone put a video of him on social media yesterday and hearing his voice has knocked me for six. Desperately trying too hold it together for DS to give him a normal day tomorrow.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
Tomorrow will mark the year anniversary of my sons Dad (my ex husband) taking his own life. It doesn’t seem possible at all. DS (8) has decided he doesn’t want to know what the date is as he’d rather not know and it feels so weird carrying on as normal.
Someone put a video of him on social media yesterday and hearing his voice has knocked me for six. Desperately trying too hold it together for DS to give him a normal day tomorrow.
Sending you hugs xx It is such a difficult situation and your son is so young. I think it makes sense for him to carry on as normal. Have you thought about maybe asking someone to take your son for the day so you aren't worried about you feelings overcoming you in front of him? xx