Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 22 Dec 18, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TartanTink View Post
I have had a delivery of all the non perishables, the meat etc to be picked up at the Farm shop tomorrow and up now to try and beat the M and S scrum ! Hope to be there for 7am opening wish me luck as it was so bad yesterday I just came home 🤣
Good luck All was well with my Ocado delivery yesterday but I forgot calamari so Im off to Aldi to pick some up. Waiting for the phone to charge and will off in about 5 minutes. I’m dreading it all, but hopefully as I’m only getting a couple of bits it won’t be too much of a carry on.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by not2old4disney View Post
Maybe where you are but as others have pointed out in Scotland the laws are different and since that's where I am I will be getting the shopping sorted by 7am on Sunday morning - when I double checked the opening hours aldi and lidl are the latest opening at 8am, Morrisons is 6am, Sainsburys 7am and Tesco and Asda as I said previously are 24hr!
Thats one of the first differences I noticed when I moved from Scotland to England - Sunday shopping hours in England generally mean you can't do a supermarket shop after 5pm on a Sunday (and not before 10ish on a Sunday either), I was used to 7-day 24-hours supermarkets in Scotland.

I don't have a full shop to do, but I'm going to nip to my nearest late-night supermarket tonight to get the bits I need.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Well it wasn’t as painful as I imagined. There was hardly anyone in Aldi
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
Thats one of the first differences I noticed when I moved from Scotland to England - Sunday shopping hours in England generally mean you can't do a supermarket shop after 5pm on a Sunday (and not before 10ish on a Sunday either), I was used to 7-day 24-hours supermarkets in Scotland.

I don't have a full shop to do, but I'm going to nip to my nearest late-night supermarket tonight to get the bits I need.
That would definitely be a bit of an adjustment, don't get me wrong I wouldn't have a problem with reduced trading hours on a Sunday. I have worked in a supermarket and know the majority of workers would certainly prefer that but I suppose you just get used to having the option! I'm just banking on the fact that by this time tomorrow it'll all be done (fingers crossed!)
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

M+S on Thursday morning for opening (nice nibbles, turkey, ham and freezer) - dead quiet - fresh stuff just going out on the shelves.
Tesco delivery today for the bulk of it - all came - no subs.

We are in and hunkered down for the holidays. No work til next Friday and no reason to have to go out shopping.

Merry Christmas all!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Went to Morrisons tonight arrived at 8 and was done in half an hour. I think there were more staff than customers. Turkey will be delivered by our milk lady tomorrow and hopefully I won’t think of anything else I need.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

Went to the asda at 10 to 8 and wasnt too bad - by 9 oclock is was chocca - ended up getting the last few bits in the local co-op - will go back there on Xmas eve for fresh veg.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

All done and dusted. Minimal stress this year for some reason. Maybe because I haven’t gone OTT as I am working Christmas nights so don’t have guests, just us 4. I have descaled a little and it feels better for it!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Went to Tesco tonight at 10:30pm. Pretty dead in there which was fab. Had to weave in and out of the mountains of stock piled in the aisles for refilling. Didn't need much but can't face the bedlam. Perfect time to go.
Old 23 Dec 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

Thats it done! Arrived at Morrisons just after 6.30am this morning and we were checked out by 7.30am - would have been quicker but my mum left the list in her house Managed to get almost everything we were after and the things we couldn't get aren't necessary so no more shops till after Christmas now
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List