VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Havent dared brave the scales yet but feel totally bloated and everythings tight on my waist.
Back to 16/8 low carb high fat as soon as I have been shopping and got the correct foods in. Looking forward to sleeping well and no gurgly fermenting stomach.
Back t9 low carb for us too - pan fried salmon and tomato salad - really enjoyed it - a real fresh change!
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m in for moral support, biggest I’ve ever been (well I was before Christmas, so I probably still am!) I’ve decided small lifestyle changes - so start I’m cutting sugar back (losing sugar from coffee, not drinking fizzy’s and limiting any fruit juice) and starting cough to 5k again at the weekend (maybe Friday)

I know what the issue is though, went from running around at work to say at a desk, and probably eat worse then I used to! I’ve got around 6/7 stone till normal bmi! (And I’ve been close before so I know it’s possible)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Me please! I’ve put on about a stone since the summer and if I don’t do anything about it soon it will just continue to rise. We are going to Vegas in Feb and want to have lost at least half if I can.
I have the My Fitness Pal app which I find really helpful but my problem is exercise. My job isn’t sedentary but I need to do much more. The thought of joining a gym fills me with dread but I do like the sound of these 10 minute YouTube workouts though!
The other problem I have is getting inspiration for healthy dinner recipes that we can all eat. I find I cook the same meals so I get bored after a while then the diet goes out the window 😳

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Me too please - I’m braving the scales on Monday and this time I want to crack it!

ETA - not crack the scales I add, just the weight loss! 😂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I'm in,going back to Intermittent fasting, read the books, Delay don't deny, lost 7 kilos so far, slacked the last two weeks but only put on 1 kilo, so back to that, it's a life style I can live with, a diet I can't lol
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

I was doing fine over Christmas then the last few days I have been at a few biscuits and I feel really soft now. I only had one glass of cider over the whole holiday and didn't really eat much at all Christmas Day - I am not one for feeling stuffed and bloated and my boyfriend ate most of my Christmas dinner... I need to lose about half a stone before Florida and am really kickstarting it now - I even blitzed the remaining biscuits in the blender - the robins and blackbirds can get fat bellies instead!

I am on a high protein / GI type diet really. Just doing what I did before cutting out bread, potatoes, pasta, dairy. Also do intermittent fasting. As long as I am busy I am okay. It's when I am bored that I slip up. I work from home too so I have to be really disciplined. I am more concerned about toning up so am on the dumbbells too.

We can do it!
Old 3 Jan 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Me to please, only not till the middle of Jan as we have a few things booked. Also anyone know any good youtube chanels for exercise starting around 10mins a day!
I like fitnessblender - no awful music and they seem a very likeable couple and not all shouty like Joe Wicks
Old 3 Jan 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I've had a real piggy Christmas, I have an underactive thyroid too and changes in routine throw me. I've been very tired and reaching for sugary snacks (don't even have a sweet tooth).

However I get married in 80 days! And enough is enough. I won't be able to lose that much in 80 days, especially as we have a million social events/weekends away, but I'm back on 5/2 today. First fast day back today and its going to be tricky, but I will push through...
Old 3 Jan 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Purplejam
I have Ears

I’m in (if you’ll have me!)

I’d like to lose 4st by our trip to Florida at the end of July - it sounds a massive amount but is exactly 2lbs a week and with the amount I have to lose 2lb a week should be achievable!

I’m back to work on Monday but plan to start properly on Tuesday (it’s my birthday today and I’ll be taking lots of cake to work on Monday - so I could tell myself I just won’t have any but I know I won’t be able to resist so I’ll start Tuesday)

At the moment I’m feeling very motivated and have already worked out what we are eating next week.

I’m another fan of MyFitnessPal and know that if I track it works. I’d love to do SlimmingWorld as everyone seems to do really well on it - except me that is ! I’ve tried it before and either stayed the same or had slight gains - maybe it’s portion sizes I’m getting wrong? Anyway I’m sticking to MyFitnessPal for now.

My motivation (in part) is I want to feel fitter and healthier than I did last year in Florida. Last summer only me and dd went (DH was working) and I found the theme parks a struggle at times and felt worn out. Could be partly that I’m getting older (53 today ) but effectively carrying another person around all day doesn’t help!

I’m planning to start couch to 5k walking plan soon but that will probably be March when the weather starts to improve - I know if I start now I’ll give up as I’ll find reasons not to go outside on a horrible January/ February evening !

Good luck to everyone and here’s to our slimmed down summer selves.
Purplejam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I like the sound of two pound a week equating to four stone by July! I’m going for that too then! 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List