Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 29 Jan 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
When you think of the abuse the likes of the McCann family suffer for what they did !
This documentary could backfire on the parents , if this happened now and here in the UK, God knows how the vigilantes would deal with her parents.
Old 29 Jan 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I think this is becoming a big 'sleeper hit' based on word of mouth because it is so unbelievable. It does stay with you though.
Old 29 Jan 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I'm pleased the brother just got mentioned as I'd forgotten about him. He knew all about his brother yet said nothing as he was a hell of a car salesman
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I'm pleased the brother just got mentioned as I'd forgotten about him. He knew all about his brother yet said nothing as he was a hell of a car salesman
Yes, I thought he was going to end up reporting him not employing him!
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Stella11
Getting Excited

Lets just be thankful he didn't have designs on the two young sisters. The parents would likely have gift wrapped them an put them in his Christmas stocking. Neglect. Absolute neglect.
Stella11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Just watched this. Oh my god. Unbelievable.

It's amazing how stupid and selfish the parents were but also how manipulative he was. That poor girl. She's very brave to have released the story and to have forgiven her parents.

The bit where she faced him in court to get the restraining order. He's just awful.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Watched this last night with DH and we kept just looking at each other with 'W-T-F' faces. Especially the bit with the dad in the car!

I tried to take into account it was a different time... even the police officer said he had never heard of a paedophile before. But I still can't get my head around the parents behaviour. What kind of parent has their child go missing and doesn't report it for 5 days the first time and 2 weeks the second time?!

I also thought the recorded phone calls between the mother and 'B' were very telling and surreal. The fact she would say 'Oh hi B how are you' not 'you sick F*** you should be in jail'. Just nuts. Seems like they cared a lot more about their own reputations and problems than their abused daughter.

Edited at 03:18 PM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

That is the most bizarre crime programme I have ever seen,no idea at all what the parents were thinking😲
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
**Tracey**
Apprentice Imagineer

**Tracey**'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I watched it last night and just could not believe what I was hearing, absolutely bizarre.
**Tracey** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Mobile

As we all like crime documentaries, if you haven’t already give Time : the Kalief Browder story a watch, it’s also on Netflix and equally shocking but for very different reasons

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List