Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Feb 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
FamilyDisney
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Borderbairn View Post
Must admit I'm a bit biased. I can see the Eildon Hills from my window.
Houses block my view of them, see them on a daily basis coming back and forward from work and school.
FamilyDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

If you do go down through Glencoe then stay at a place called The Clachaig Inn instead of in Fort William. The views are absolutely breathtaking and they have good food and beers with live music as well. I love that drive down homewards
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
01Car
Excited about Disney

Have a look at Eilean Donan Castle, it’s amazing and also Castle Stalker which featured in Monty Python’s Holy Grail.
01Car is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I have to say that we do have a beautiful country! You have an amazing trip ahead of you. I live close to Loch Lomond and never cease to be amazed at the view. I also work on the west coast and used to work on the Isle of Bute getting the ferry every day to work. In my opinion the west coast watching the sunset with the beautiful colours in the sky is one of the privileges of living here
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynne123
Proud to wear my Ears

Google north coast 500 . Stunning scenery
Old 16 Feb 19, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

I live near Aviemore we have loads of walks/outdoor things to do plus the scenery is breathtakingly beautiful 💖

The centre of Scotland stone
The cairngorms
Some of Outlander was filmed here
We have fab beaches with great lochs for swimming.
I think the world porridge championship is on at the time you plan to visit.
Distillerys
Golf
The list is endless 😊
Wherever you decide to visit I am sure you will have a fantastic time. For the midges I can highly recommend a product from Avon I think its called skin so soft it really does keep them away.

There is a lot of road works on the A9 just now and will be for years to come as they are dueling ?sp a good Facebook page is called the A9 road watch and speed traps its constantly updated 24/7 with the flow of the road. Also if you are up this way please drive safe as the roads up here are really bad for pot holes and also accidents 😪
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Wow, thanks again everyone! So many ideas Obviously we won't be able to fit them all in within the week or 10 days we will have, but it is great to have all of this choice!

I am also very jealous of all of you that get to live near all of this beautiful scenery and even see it from your windows every day!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

I don't envy you trying to cut down the list of places to visit.

I live about 15 minutes drive from St. Andrews, and would suggest it is a good place to stay overnight. Lots of different types of accommodation in the town and lots of places to eat and drink. Our favourite in the summer is Balgove Larder Steak Barn in followed by a trip to Jannetta's for an ice-cream.

If you are heading north from there then you could either stop off in Dundee and visit the V&A, the Discovery or Verdant Works or stop off for a visit to Glamis Castle before heading towards.

It might be worth considering a membership with Historic Scotland or the National Trust for Scotland.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
I don't envy you trying to cut down the list of places to visit.

I live about 15 minutes drive from St. Andrews, and would suggest it is a good place to stay overnight. Lots of different types of accommodation in the town and lots of places to eat and drink. Our favourite in the summer is Balgove Larder Steak Barn in followed by a trip to Jannetta's for an ice-cream.

If you are heading north from there then you could either stop off in Dundee and visit the V&A, the Discovery or Verdant Works or stop off for a visit to Glamis Castle before heading towards.

It might be worth considering a membership with Historic Scotland or the National Trust for Scotland.
Love Janettas. Both my grandfathers had fishing boats and lived and worked out of Pittenweem. Whenever we visited we would stop on the way or on our return at Janettas for an ice cream. Will need to try balgove larder steak barn. The East Neuk is lovely. There’s a great chip shop in anstruther too.

Re V and A, Ive been once and was disappointed tbh. Beautiful building but not a lot inside. A lot of wasted space. Not a patch on V & A in London.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KATIEMAC
Apprentice Imagineer

If Loch Ness is still on your list, then you can't avoid Inverness. Walk across the River Ness through the "islands". You can even go rafting, which is something we'll be doing this summer! Lots of great places to eat, especially the Mustard Seed and The Kitchen rivernessrafting
Go to the Castle and up to the new viewing platform in one of the towers. Great 360 degree view highlifehighland/inv...stleviewpoint/

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
2009 Villa, Clearwater and POR / 2011 Villa Lake Berkley 2013 Townhouse Lake Berkley 2016 New York - Nashville - Memphis - Tampa - Universal Studios
2017 NYC, 2018 NYC
KATIEMAC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List