Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Feb 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

DFCH / Andy

Hi All, I have our trip booked, flying into Miami and need to think about getting a car sorted, last few trips we have always used "car on the drive" which has worked out really well. Obviously this time we will be picking up at the airport, DFCH seems to get good reviews on here, at the risk of looking like I am talking behind Andy's back, can anyone tell me is Andy a broker for all the usual sites, am i just as well giving Andy what I am after rather than looking at all the options myself ? as ever, any information gratefully received.
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
First of all can I say that Andy is a regular Dibber and often comes on to answer people's questions even if they haven't booked through him.

Yes he is a broker just like usrentacar, Netflights, Virgin for instance and like those companies you are safe knowing that he will include all the important insurances.

We've used him 3 or 4 times and always Alamo. He offers others but Alamo by far our favourite. You'll find dozens of Dibbers recommend him on here.

Get a live quote off his web site or contact him direct if you have any specific queries.

Mick
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Don't waste any more time and just book with Andy. His reputation on the Dibb is unrivalled, he will get you the best price possible and if/when that price drops, he will issue you with a new invoice if you make him aware of the updated price. I, like may others, have used Andy for years and have total confidence in him and his business.

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
w3dal
Imagineer

Mobile

We have just booked with Andy for our April trip. Easy site to use and a great price with Alamo.
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Just to add if Alamo turns out to be cheapest then make sure that you do online check-in. Allows you to go straight to the garage, avoid any terminal "upselling" and pick your own car. Very easy to do with Andy - a few clicks from when he sends you the confirmation email.

Also, not so important in the greater scheme of things, but Alamo has best Sunpass scheme

Mick
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias

Guys, many thanks for your replies, I will look no further than Andy, personal recommendations mean a lot to me, and give me the confidence I am looking in the right area. Just need to decide which car now !
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by SgtElias View Post
Guys, many thanks for your replies, I will look no further than Andy, personal recommendations mean a lot to me, and give me the confidence I am looking in the right area. Just need to decide which car now !
You know it makes sense.

But just to say that nobody (unless you book a Mustang maybe) will guarantee a specific car - just "Similar to".

As a guide our last four "full size" cars have been Mazda 6, Hyundai Sonata, Nissan Altima and Chevy Malibu.

Mick
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias

Just had a quick look, apart from the difference in price, what is the difference between gold & platinum on the quote figures please.
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

As an aside, not only have we booked with him for this summer we’ve also just used him for my MIL who’s going to Denver. So even if you are going elsewhere in America give him a look.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by SgtElias View Post
Just had a quick look, apart from the difference in price, what is the difference between gold & platinum on the quote figures please.
From memory. Gold is one driver, full to full. Platinum up to 4 drivers full to empty. He can usually give prices for two drivers if you ask.

Mick