Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile Quick run through please

Hi
I have been to Disneyland Paris before many years ago and i remember not being all that impressed. I think I was comparing to much to Florida.
Anyway I'm taking my 2 neices in May for a few days and I don't know how it works. Can someone give me a quick run down on what to expect, main differences than what I'm used to with florida. How fast passes work etc
I remember it being the ticket machines.
Is the app like the myDisney experience? Do I need it for booking stuff?
Sorry for the million questions!
Also please help to get excited for it.
Right now I'm just thinking of it as something to please the children.
Which is weird as I love Disney world and all the planning that goes with it.
Any help would be so appreciated 😀
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Mobile

DLP still uses paper Fastpasses, scan your park tickets and it will give you a paper ticket with a return time. It will also say what time you can get another one.

There's only 2 apps you need, the Disneyland Paris one for opening hours, wait times and shows/parade times. And the Lineberty app, this is for character meets in the Studios.

You can book restaurants in advance if you want, 60 days if phoning up or you can now book online up till September I think.

How long are you going for and which hotel are you in?

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

A few more direct questions would be useful. We can give you clearer answers. As LufcDeb says the fast pass is paper tickets. Big Thunder is the one that goes quickest. The window is half an hour not an hour like at WDW. Remember that DLP like Tokyo or HongKong are built to feel more at home in their country. DLP is much more European.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

I think the best advice (which is often given on this forum) is not to make comparisons but to enjoy DLP for its differences.

Many say rides such as: Pirates, Big Thunder and Hyperspace Mountain are actually better than their WDW counterparts.

Have you watched any DLP vlogs? There was a thread giving recommendations a couple of weeks ago but you could try watching a few to pick up some tips and to help get you more on the mood.

We are going in May for the first time in 7 years. Had two WDW holidays in between so looking forward to re-acquainting ourselves with all DLP has to offer.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

if staying on site, make use of the extra hours in a morning for hotel guests if you can - we found them a great help
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LufcDeb View Post
DLP still uses paper Fastpasses, scan your park tickets and it will give you a paper ticket with a return time. It will also say what time you can get another one.

There's only 2 apps you need, the Disneyland Paris one for opening hours, wait times and shows/parade times. And the Lineberty app, this is for character meets in the Studios.

You can book restaurants in advance if you want, 60 days if phoning up or you can now book online up till September I think.

How long are you going for and which hotel are you in?
We are only going for 5 nights. One night being a hotel in Paris to begin with, 3nights at Cheyenne and last night at the explorers hotel...we are going the end of May
Thanks for your help 😀
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone for advice
I will need to watch some YouTube videos 😀
Old 21 Feb 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We went a few years ago. We’ve done Orlando often but wanted to see Disneyland Paris as well.
We really enjoyed it. It’s not on the scale of Orlando but it has some real advantages. You can walk from your hotel to the parks. The turning of the Cheyenne is superb. One of the best themed hotels I’ve seen.
The Disneyland park is beautiful. It will feel familiar and yet it’s different which can be a little disconcerting but once you get past that the rides are good and the park is spacious and attractive.
The studios is a bit more disjointed but I thought the new French area looked fantastic as does the toy store area. And the magic show is superb.

Will you have a dining plan? There isn’t the easy offsite food options so a dining plan probably makes more sense here.

If you try and accept it for what it is, rather than what it isn’t. I think you will enjoy it.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Remember to take them under the castle and say hello to the dragon...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

As you are staying at the Cheyenne you will get extra magic hours in both parks each morning. This is usually between 8.30-9.30am each day (although sometimes they change it to 8am-9am so check when you arrive). Make use of this time as you can get rides done with little or no wait that can often be at least 50 mins later in the day.

I would suggest Peter Pan, Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain in the Disneyland Park and Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille in the Studios as the best rides to hit during EMH.

Fastpass wise definitely aim to pick up a Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain, Star Tours can also have a longer queue so it is worth using for that too, and Tower of Terror in the Studios.

When you are visiting it will be Season of Superheroes, details of what will be included this year aren't out yet, but there will be extra shows/characters etc if Marvel interests you. Plus make sure to catch the Mickey and Magician show in the Studios, it is great.

Do you have any dining plans booked? If not do you know if you want to visit buffet/table services restaurants or are you planning on quick service? Just so we can help recommend the best options.

The beauty of DLP vs WDW is the size. You can easily walk from Cheyenne to the parks in 15mins and if you want to park hop during the day its a quick 5 min walk between the two.

Edited at 12:02 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List